Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia’s Ladd McConkey draws Cooper Kupp comp, moves into Top 50 draft projections

SystemSystem Posts: 10,484 admin
edited January 31 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia’s Ladd McConkey draws Cooper Kupp comp, moves into Top 50 draft projections

MOBILE, Ala. — Ladd McConkey’s days as an “underdog” are officially over.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pump the brakes... let's let Ladd be Ladd, and the chips fall where they may. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just sayin......Had the Raven had Ladd McConkey rather than Zay Flowers, the Ravens would be playing next week and favored to win SB 58....and we won't have to have the constant Kelce/Swift romance shoved down our throat......and Ladd could add "savior" to his current descriptors!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck in your NFL career Ladd! UGA fans already knows what you can do, now the rest of the country will as well..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree, Ladd is very talented, but comparing him to a proven NFL veteran? I'm sure there's things Ladd can do on a football field that Kupp cant. Same with Kupp, things he can do that Ladd can't. 2 different men, 2 different situations. It's a flattering comparison for Ladd though. Who knows? Ladd may end up being better than Kupp, only time will tell..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 31

And I just feel bad for young athletes, starting in middle school and then through college, others making all-world comparisons and (albeit inadvertently) setting ridiculous expectations and unnecessary/unneeded/unhelpful pressure on them. Life's hard enough when you get out of school... let 'em enjoy being youngins, LOL. Good news here is Ladd seams to have a great head on his shoulders, taking things in stride… Certainly being focused but also having fun. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Watching the senior bowl practice today. Bullard and Smith are not earning themselves much money. Seemed to be getting burned often in 1 on 1 coverage.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Like Many of my fellow Dawgs fans, I was a big fan of Ladd Mac the moment Kirby offered him. Just something about him made me ( and Allot of Y’all ) think this guy is gonna be special at UGA. Well he certainly proved that !! I remember his first G Day how he’d take some pretty punishing hits and jump right back up ready to go again. He kind of verified things for me in that moment.

I don’t know Ladd on a personal basis ( wish I did !!) but from all I’ve read about him and seen in games and interviews, Ladd is the epitome of a DGD. I wish Him and his family the Very best that life has to offer.

Heck Ladd and Brock Bowers are tempting me sorely to start watching which ever NFL teams they end up with. I stopped watching NFL several years ago when the kneeling at our National Anthem started. People tell me they’ve stopped doing that so I might start watching again. Go Ladd !! Go Dawgs !!