Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia basketball

SystemSystem Posts: 10,467 admin
edited January 31 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia basketball

ATHENS – Georgia basketball could not keep up with the country’s top scoring offense in the clutch, falling 85-76 to No. 24 Alabama on Wednesday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Just another tease by UGA Basketball. They play half decent and **** everyone in, then splat when the chips are down. Led Tennessee for most of the game -- folded at the end -- Loss. Led Florida by 21 -- folded at the end --Loss. Led Alabama by 16 -- zero defense in second half -- Loss. Shot slection is like street ball. No one knows how to follow their shot and/or block out for a rebound. Defense is sloppy. Turnovers continue. Why UGA is so snakebit at BBall is a mystery to me. At least Eight SEC teams are tourney bound. UGA somehow, someway continues to blow it. We're talking decades of this same thing.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 31

Maybe this team will learn how to close out a game. Oh, wait, never mind, I forgot I was talking about Georgia basketball.

I hope I’m wrong, but this isn’t an ncaa tournament team.

• Options
    TransplantedDawgTransplantedDawg Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

I was really hoping to see they won this game- just HAVE to win at home. They are right there-hopefully they can get over that hump. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    LamardleeLamardlee Posts: 15 ✭✭ Sophomore

Couldn't close games with Fox, couldn't close games with Crean and still can't close games with White. It seems to be a Dawgs basketball tradition. I watched tonight and could not even enjoy that great first half because I knew how the game would end. Unfortunately, I was right. Looking like a tournament bubble team. Of course I mean the NIT.

• Options
    PlateauDawgPlateauDawg Posts: 41 ✭✭ Sophomore

The comments from White don't give me any confidence that he knows how to fix the problem. But to everyone who is asking why is UGA "snakebit" when it comes to basketball...the better question is why has men's basketball never been a priority at UGA ?? This was a most curious hire by Brooks. And it's looking more curious by the game.

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

I had false hope that the Georgia basketball team would make the tournament. Hopefully, they can qualify for the NIT since the basketball program has not made that tournament either. I do think Coach White will get the team on the path to sustaining success.

• Options
    GolfrankGolfrank Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

Attended game last night. In amongst mostly UA fans. They were cordial, quiet; got rowdy late as expected.

Thought we played poorly entire game, except for rebounding. 11 turnovers 1st half OUCH. Only reason we were up was AL's awful shooting. About mid half their % was @11. 0-7 on 3's.

2nd half for Dawgs same poor ball handling, AL got hot.

it was fun for a while....and that's been a picture of this years losses.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can't keep missing gimme buckets and handing the ball to the other team. But keep chopping, guys. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 138 ✭✭✭ Junior

These Hoop Dawgs are a work in progress. Keep the faith.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭ Junior

I wish Hill would pass more and dribble less.

• Options
    DawgNoleDawgNole Posts: 17 ✭ Freshman

zonadawg61: "Led Florida by 21 -- folded at the end --Loss."

Never led Florida at all in that game--let alone by 21.

• Options
    PlateauDawgPlateauDawg Posts: 41 ✭✭ Sophomore

my 10 yr old nephews church league team runs more offensive sets than a Mike White coached team. Of course if they ran sets we wouldn't get to watch Justin Hill dribble for 15 seconds. Barring a win on Sat the season is over. On to spring football I guess

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Extremely disappointing loss because the same thing happened against Tennessee. I thought his was a tournament team but now, I have doubts. Justin Hill has to stop dribbling into the lane and then picking up his dribble!!! When you're short and you get into the lane and the defense collapses on you, then either shoot it early (floater) or kick it out. You're not Ja Morant. Too many empty possessions with the ball in the lane.