Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint scores big at Senior Bowl game, Tykee Smith proves his point

SystemSystem Posts: 10,483 admin
edited February 3 in Article commenting
imageMarcus Rosemy-Jacksaint scores big at Senior Bowl game, Tykee Smith proves his point

Tykee Smith came to the Senior Bowl looking for a break-out performance, and he aided that cause with three pass break-ups on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Though I’m Very proud Of and For Marcus, Tykee, and Javon. I was disappointed that they used Ladd to block nearly the whole time he had. Maybe that’s because he tweaked his injury as stated in the article. But I was hoping he’d get targeted more to showcase his stuff. But he made the most of what was given to him. Proud of our Dawgs in the Senior Bowl !!

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am proud of all of our Dawgz, those who didn't play was disappointing to those players however we know what they can do and in NFL combine they will show up.😎

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 3

I agree, Navy D. They must've been told to "avoid throwing it to McConkey, unless absolutely necessary",....cause, like Mike G said...he was literally open or achieved separation [sometimes by more than 5 yds] on every route, I could monitor. I think, that's probably, all the scouts, needed to see. Lol...it's all I needed to see....I already know "he can catch".

And...according to MG...He did it on a "tweaked ankle".

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wasn’t aware we had 2 heisman trophy winners this year, when did Michael Penix win it? Lolololol

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

Deep at running back or not, Daijun Edwards should have played a couple of snaps. Just bad player management for playing time. Ladd was open on a few passing plays. After Spencer Rattler the QB play went down. Better QB play would have gotten him the ball.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 4

I agree. Hell...I've seen UGA use more running backs in a football game. "Limited number of Reps", is no excuse.

They may have been constrained by a limited amount of "preparation time"....but, how hard is it to learn 2 or 3 plays. One up the middle, one on the edge and one pass play. All of the backs, should've gotten at least 3 game-reps [or 1 Series], IMO.

I don't know who picked the quarterbacks....but, all I can say is, what the hell? THAT was the the best of the rest?! Or, maybe just the ones with publicity. Lol...just goes to show ya.

Sam Bradford looked like he just learned to pass a football, last month. He was there, because of the "N" and the "D". There HAD to have been a better quarterback, out there, somewhere. Lol.

I think Bradford may have played himself into a "Preferred Invite"...vice a "Draft Position". He's got a lot of ground to make up, between now and the conclusion of the NFL Combine.

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Having attended past Senior Bowls, I can tell you that the game itself is meaningless. The NFL coaches and scouts are all about the full week of practices and interviews. All the players get plenty of exposure then. From what I read about this year's week, the Dawgs represented themselves and UGA well. Kirby made an appearance and I'm sure he helped keep the focus on his Dawgs.