Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia basketball presses on into second half of SEC season, NCAA hopes fading

SystemSystem Posts: 10,478 admin
edited February 4 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia basketball presses on into second half of SEC season, NCAA hopes fading

ATHENS — Georgia basketball will need a major rebound over the next few weeks to revive NCAA tournament postseason hopes.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

This team is finished ✅️ and another rinse and repeat UGA BB season is standing once again at the abyss of Loserville.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s the same old song. Year after year.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mike...you are not a closer. You must pick up the pace second half or soon be at the bottom of the SEC...where UGA usually is. You start strong most times...most...then fade away. You need to control from the perimeter. Load the inside lane. Too much penetration. Makem work more for their shots. UGA will not put up with another year of below 50%...I assure you. Too much has been invested to remain status quo. You were hired to lift the program out of sub- mediocrity...not happening. You have a talented team. Let's go Dawgs!

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 167 ✭✭✭ Junior

And so goes UGA basketball.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Why is White too stubborn to play a zone defense? Didn't he see what the Gamecocks zone did to us? Tchewa is not a rim protector and each opponent exploits that with constant drives into the lane. Moncrief and Anselem should be playing more. They are better defensively than Tchewa. Come on Coach. And Fellow Dawgs, no I do not see the practices and I do not know more basketball than Coach White, but I have seen 85% of his games over the last two seasons and we keep getting beat by dribble penetration after having double digit leads...so there's that.

• Options
    GramsterGramster Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

I figured it would have taken CMW at least 3 to 4years to kick into full blown mediocre mode like he did in Gainesville. Am impressed he has been able to accomplish that feat in only 1.5 years in Athens. The one variable of improvement I see in this year's team is the talent is certainly there. The conditioning and coaching not so much. The kids are worn out and playing flat footed by late in the 4th quarter of the past several games. Conditioning! Conditioning! Conditioning! Take a page from Kirby's book, Mike.

• Options
    PlateauDawgPlateauDawg Posts: 41 ✭✭ Sophomore

@UGA66 Honestly what has UGA invested in the men's bball program this century??? Not much. Now I share your frustration with White & another year of not making the tournament. They are talented enough to do it. Not making excuses for him. But if Kirby has taught us anything it's you have to put the resources in place first. We haven't done that in bball since Tubby. A lot of blame to go around.

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Team starts fast every game but by halftime the tank is empty. The Steg even sounds & looks deflated. Let’s face it, until the powers that control the purse strings are willing to invest in new facilities & the resources to make this more than a way to waste time before the bands start playing at the 40-Watt & other downtown establishments, the Dawgs are going to remain in the SEC basketball dungeon.

As long as we continue to put Band-Aids on tired, old, worn-out facilities & fail to make UGA a premier destination for student athletes & fans of all sports, we will wallow in mediocrity. A mediocrity that can eventually infect other sports!