Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Replacing Daijun Edwards and his running style will be a key task for 2024 Georgia football offense

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited February 5 in Article commenting
imageReplacing Daijun Edwards and his running style will be a key task for 2024 Georgia football offense

ATHENS — Daijun Edwards was never the flashiest player. He wasn’t going to rip off highlight-reel runs or be the focal point of the Georgia offense.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited February 5

@MikeGriffith you talk about Milton as not being the Brut. Sorry but don’t you recall all those business decisions the opposing defense had to make when Kendall would plow through them. That dude ran harder than Edwards- from this fans perspective.

don’t get me wrong Daijun ran tough. But both backs were physical.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 5

Milton got more physical as he got healthier. By the Florida State game, he was putting a serious hurting on those Noles. In fact, Kirby had to put a leash on him in the second half of that Orange Bowl so he wouldn't hospitalize those dudes. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    edited February 5

The Georgia RB room is loaded and just fine... for the next couple years as a matter of fact. Especially when combined with the OLs, QBs, and TEs, in the stable. I know some say WR is an emerging strength... while I'm optimistic, jury is still out in my confidence on that one. In any case, I can't wait to see the Georgia offense roll. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hopefully one of these guys will be an almost guarantee on 3rd and 4th down when we need a solid two yards.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would like to see all of them healthy coming out of Fall camp!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With all of our proven Aces at RB and all of our potential Aces at RB, we always seem to forget The Dawgs "WILDCARD"....Cash Jones! In 23 Cash had only 22 touches but gained 161 yds placing him 4th in yards gained.....that's a 7plus yards per carry.....right behind R-Rob's 8.2. In 24 I expect the same but more production.......when the game is on the line....that many Aces plus a Wildcard will always win!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A hand salute to Daijun Edwards and Kendall Milton, they were Indeed great backs, and DGDs as well. They’ll be missed. But if your a Dawgs fan it’s hard not to be excited about the wealth of talent and potential in the RB room !!

One word best describes it: Loaded !! I bet Carson Beck is feeling happier knowing all those guys are there to compliment His passing attack. Lastly as we Dawgs fans know, you don’t play for Kirby unless you get blocking down to a science for your size. These guys will be able to block effectively for Carson on pass plays !! NFL scouts love that extra skill in a RB !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    edited February 5

Agreed that good blocking is a very attractive aspect of Georgia RBs. Plus catching passes out of the backfield. Along with carrying the rock, they're triple threats, if you will. Go Dawgs!

• Options

I also like the fact that most of our backs (now and historically) are not one dimensional in running style…they can hold their own whether it be downhill for a needed yard or two, slick moves in traffic, and straight-line speed (along with blocking and catching)... that way when a sub comes in, it doesn't necessarily telegraph to the D what's coming. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was always amazed at how Daijun could slip tackles. Defenders rarely got a straight shot on him. As far as 2024, although not coming until June, Nate Frazier looks like the real deal. I bet he gets his share of snaps. I am pulling for Branson to make a full comeback. He and Rod are fun to watch and hard to bring down. An embarrassment of riches in the running back room. Unfortunately, someone is going to be left out. UGA at it's best with a strong 3 man rotation.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Roderick Robinson is the guy that's impressed me the most. He is a beast and a bruiser of a back. I see him as the closest in resemblance of running style to Edwards.