Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Confidence will be a big difference maker for Carson Beck in 2024: ‘There’s no doubt anymore’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,481 admin
edited February 6 in Article commenting
imageConfidence will be a big difference maker for Carson Beck in 2024: ‘There’s no doubt anymore’

ATHENS — There are a lot of reasons to be optimistic about Georgia entering the 2024 season. Many of them are tied to the return of Carson Beck.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawgs going for 3 out of 4 in 24.

It should be another top-5 offense, and I think Beck will take the next step.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Do we need another Tight End? I looked at Yurosek’s numbers and they were big in years 1 and 2 but not huge last year. Sure, that can solely be due to no targets but I thought we were stocked at the TE position. Not to mention he has one year.

I’m not the coach but I know what we have on the roster so I’m confused on the need or mention.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gonna be strange not seeing Trent "BigDawg" Woods at UGA games. One of the most recognizable fans year-in and year-out! RIP- DGD!

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Funny. The article is about Beck and I too focused on this one short sentence. Why? I thought the TE room was stacked!! Oh well. I guess when you make $10M a year, you know what’s best.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If everyone stays healthy we will have some RB's that once they turn the corner or pop free though the line of scrimmage they can take it to the house. Something we haven't had is a while. Shoud be fun to watch along with the passing attack.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ditto. Delp, Luckie and Spurlin seem healthy and ready to rotate. Gotta get snaps for Reddell. Heinrich (and others) no slouch. Maybe a more "seasoned" big body (Yurosek) to offset youth? If he's a great fit with the culture and scheme, it could be good insurance since our TEs tend to get dinged up. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 6

"ATHENS — There are a lot of reasons to be optimistic about Georgia entering the 2024 season.".....Yep, I'd concur....having the BEST QB in college football would lead to a fair modicum of optimism......also the fact that The Dawgs have The BEST TE room in college football, The BEST O-Line, The Best WR, RB DB rooms also give me GREAT OPTIMISM!.....What leaves a hole in my heart, big as a Texas SunSet is the loss of Mike and now Trent Woods.......when I was a student, I attend games in a black blazer, white button down....heavy starch....a red Bull Dawg tie and khakis......I give THANKS to Mike and Trent for FREEING us all on game day to show our DAWG SPIRIT!