Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirk Herbstreit allegedly encouraged Dylan Raiola to flip to Nebraska

Comments

• Options
    ChiefChief Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

I never cared much for herbsteit, too much mouth! I like him a little more, if this is true,,Raiola seems self centered, hey Dylan, enjoy that pass blocking ,,,I'm a Puglisi fan. He has all the attributes of a great quarterback. He'll fit right in and be a team player, like Beck. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    ScDawg73ScDawg73 Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

I'm pretty sure the conversation went like this...."You know Dylan, you should forget Georgia, they don't pass the ball, Saban is retiring from Bama...you really need to consider a team like Ohio State or maybe Nebraska."

• Options
    NissDawgNissDawg Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman
    edited February 7

Lol he's still so butthurt from a loss in 1993. I hope the next GameDay is met with nobody in the background and boos on the side so loud that it drowns out his voice everytime he opens his mouth. As for DR he transferred from 3 high-schools in 4 years with 3 different commitments... good riddance. KJs flip from fsu when DR flipped to Nebraska told me everything I needed to know. I've never liked KH, he literally has the same dialog in every game, just repeats himself. The fact that he called a recruits dad should say enough/ he needs to be investigated and sent to CBS where he belongs.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 7

Exactly. Doesn't matter, which Teams or players are involved. Kirk crossed a line that "shouldn't" be crossed....if you want to maintain the illusion of "fair & unbiased" coverage. Whether it's true or not, is immaterial at this stage. The perception is..."he did it".

These days....if it's been electronically speculated on Twitter or YouTube or Facebook or any of a thousand Podcasts and confirmed by a "knowledgeable source",...it must be true...Lol. This will hurt his image, in any case. Which also effects his ability to communicate in the booth. You have to have the trust and respect of the audience, at the very least....IMO.

If it weren't true....I think we would've already gotten a statement from KH or ESPN...or, both. Due to legalities....it's "crickets". Lol

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Herbstreit tries his best to appear objective and unbiased. He’ll refrain from making picks of the games he’s calling, sitting there trying to look humble and honorable. What a joke 😂

• Options
    BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There should be some repercussions. There probably won’t, but some effort to maintain appearance of neutrality would be appropriate. Using that platform to criticize is one thing but to influence players to flip or transfer is another.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 7

Go Dawgs !!! Beck, Stockton, Puglisi, DGDs and Ready to win Championships !!!

• Options
    edubbedubb Posts: 54 ✭✭✭ Junior

Herbstreet is and has been a piece of crap anyway. An arrogant biased mouth like the rest of the ESPN crowd. Pollack was the best thing they had and they were to **** and fired him.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not a fan of Herbstreit or Desmond. However, I do like Reece. Also, McAfee really doesn't care about Georgia either way. He is just a showman and you have to understand the personality to realize he will do whatever he thinks will help his ratings. People watch him to see what stupd and outrageous things he will say. That's who he is. I am not a fan but I get it. He is college football's version of Howard Stern without the strippers.

As far as Nick Saban joining the Gameday crew I think that is a good move. Nick is definitely not anti-Georgia and I believe a big fan of Kirby Smart. So between him and Reece I think Georgia will be adequately represented on Game Day.

The only thing that matters is winning. If we are winning we will be in the conversation regardless. Just Win Baby!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

IMHO dad might have been just trying to take some of the heat off of his son's wishy washiness. Sort of like, "yeah I wasn't going to try to influence his decision one way or the other but when freaking Kirk Herbstreet says dude ya gotta do this! You have to listen. He's like da Godfatha of College football for cryin outloud!

• Options
    MakdawgMakdawg Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

Herbstreit did this for only one reason, to weaken Georgia. Ohio State is trying to make a run, but this will not work out the way he expected!

Gunner will end up being a better qb than raolia and we may end up being juju.

Go dawgs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best scroll of commentary in a long while. Herb is wed to OSU....does not like Georgia or the SEC. Not surprised he would pull a stunt like he did with Raiola. Same old Herb. LOLOL.