Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN says Georgia-Texas game will have ‘Heisman Trophy implications’ for Carson Beck, Quinn Ewers

SystemSystem Posts: 10,514 admin
edited February 10 in Article commenting
imageESPN says Georgia-Texas game will have ‘Heisman Trophy implications’ for Carson Beck, Quinn Ewers

ATHENS — Even with the Georgia-Texas game still months away, the SEC contest has plenty of people excited.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

If Beck has a great year, you can bet a month before the Heisman ceremony ESPN will launch a PR game both in public and behind the scenes to torpedo him winning it.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Should be a great matchup. I think Beck will definitely be in the Heisman running this season if he keeps progressing forward. The real key to his season is getting comfortable and really in sync with a bunch of new receivers. I don't see Ewers as a viable top Heisman candidate, because he can have really bad games and make such poor decisions. Luckily, Beck has stayed pretty consistent in his play other than the occasional questionable throw or decision.

As an aside...Although we do not play Ohio State, they should field their best team in years this season, and as long as they stay healthy, will probably be nipping at the Dawg's heels in the playoffs. Day's team should definitely be in the hunt for the Natty. The Buckeyes' regular season schedule is pretty tough but manageable (and definitely easier than ours). The wild card for Ohio State will be Will Howard and his performance. He's a good solid QB, but he's going to have to step up his game to take the Buckeyes to a Championship. Beck is definitely a better QB, but both QBs are going to have to play their best football to get to the promised land.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 389 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Herbie will be promoting Riola for the top prize. Finebaum, aka Paauull, will be promoting The Alabama QB or the TN QB. No one on ESPN will be promoting Beck. Especially true since they have fired anybody who said anything positive about the Dawgs in the interest of cutting overhead. Pollack made less than a $100,000. To cut overhead they fire him and pay McAfee millions a year. Wonder how much Nicky will be paid. ESPN HAS BECOME A JOKE.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 389 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Who cares what ESPN says?

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t know What can be done. But ESPN carries far to much influence over CFB. Heck when it comes to the Heisman it’s almost like give ESPN a call and ask Them who they want it to be.

Worse for some reason ( I believe allot of Herbie, and possibly Desmond to and Others) they’ve harbored allot of poorly camouflaged hate for UGA.

Some will write me off as just a loony conspiracy theory nut. There was a time way back that I might have wrote Myself off as that !! But No far to many “coincidences” have happened. There comes a point where I have to follow what my eyes and ears tell me.

I didn’t Want to believe that ESPN could harbor a bias like that for a long time. But now Yes I certainly believe they do. And Yes I also Believe there’s something Real Fishy about officiating in certain games. And UGA is not the Only team that gets targeted by the poor officiating though they certainly get more than their fair share of it.

It’s so sad to see $$$ causing CFB to go the way of corruption. There’s already So Many things in our society rotten with corruption. I had high hopes that CFB would some how survive based on things like Honor, Integrity, Dignity, Respect. You know those Very Words that CFB likes to run in ads on TV. But sadly I think those days are all but gone. 😢