Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football excited to see Oscar Delp continue to be ‘that guy’ at tight end in 2024

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited February 12 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football excited to see Oscar Delp continue to be ‘that guy’ at tight end in 2024

Todd Hartley made it a point to say that tight end Oscar Delp can bench more than either Brock Bowers or Darnell Washington.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

If Oscar wants to be Bowers I’m all for it.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

TE's that can run fast, block, and catch are transforming the game as of late. Takes a lot of pressure off Wide Receivers and RB's.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Creates a mismatch for defenses if the size AND speed are there.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 12

Yep, he has the mindset and skillset to be the next marquee TE in CFB... gonna make a lotta blocks that spring big plays, and catches that are big plays. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Coach says he wants Oscar to be Oscar. I like that. Helps temper some of the Bowers comparisons to some extent. We really don’t know the full extent of what Oscar Delp can do. Remember that one handed catch he made ? He’s been very solid so far. I’m Believing he’s gonna be even better this year, significantly better.

But it’s really not fair to compare him to Brock Bowers at This Point. Heck there’s probably not another Bowers in CFB right now !! Delp certainly has a good attitude. We know he’s a dedicated and hard worker. The sky’s the limit for this young man, and he’s liable to grow wings and beat that to !!

Dawgs fans all over are pulling for you Oscar, show your stuff young man !! Go Dawgs !! P.S. With all the other talent in the TE room if your a Dawgs fan you gotta be excited about the prospects !!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THe more I watch tape on Yurosek, the better he looks to me. ELite catching skills. Plays like WR. Runs well after the catch. THis guy is coming to play folks.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 342 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bowers' skill set is a once in a generation or even century occurrence. That being said Delp is stronger, bigger, and just as fast. There will be little if any drop off in performance from the tight ends. Yurosek will give the Dawgs the ability to run the two tight end formations that have been so successful in the last few years.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THe forty times for Delp and Bowers: Delp 4.56 which is really good for a TE. Bowers 4.48. Elite.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brock Bowers set a standard at Georgia and for all of college football......Oscar Delp, following in his footsteps, will set a standard as well.....setting in stone that The University of Georgia is TEU! After a bit of research, I discovered that both Delp and Yurosek are 6'5" and carry 240 plus pounds with ease.....talk about a defensive dilemma and while they hold the focus I'm expecting one of several speedy WR to be haulin in Beck bombs!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh Yes my Bro. !! Very excited about our TE room !! Natty in 2024/25 !!!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 13

Delp has all the tools to be an elite CFB TE. Plus he has trained w/BB so he knows how to work.

The addition of Yurosek makes sense as he is a proven P5 player with years of experience and production. We all know how CKS values experience. Great depth in the TE room but not a lot of experience before Yurosek. In the event of injury to the TE there could be a need to play young players more than desired.

Yurosek is a proven commodity. Delp is not proven in the lead role. He has shown flashes of being up to it. But he has also shown flashes of being an inconsistent catcher. Another case of CKS hedging his bet with a sure thing added to an unproven room.

Expect something similar at QB during the next TP window IF a quality QB w/ experience finds his way into the spring TP.