Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

4 things column: Carson Beck Lamborghini sign of times for Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,456 admin
edited February 13 in Article commenting
image4 things column: Carson Beck Lamborghini sign of times for Georgia football

ATHENS — Kirby Smart likes to say Georgia players “eat off the floor” when it comes to their football, and the results certainly speak to having a hard-nosed, premium product.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Its we are we are today like it or not, and it all started years ago with coaches salary explosion and allowing them to basically go into transfer portal of sorts for coaches (contract out clauses).

Value of education means nothing anymore if you are a * athlete.

Its were we are so you cant blame kids for taking advantage.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

While I am somewhat surprised by the choice of a car for the young man, I am more in the "who cares" camp.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope he has access to secured parking!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 13

I've had a very successful career that has rewarded me quite well, yet chose to live well below my means, more of a "Warren Buffet" approach to lifestyle and spending, if you will (though by no means anywhere near his income level!) . But that's me. Everybody has their own brand and legacy they want to build, including how, where, and why they spend their money... it might not makes sense for me, but to each his/her own. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 217 ✭✭✭ Junior

You want the fans to shut up about Kirk meddling with recruits while you harp on what kind of car our QB gets through some NIL deal?

These two are not equal. Not by a long shot.

• Options
    ChiefChief Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

I've never liked NIL, makes pros out of amatures, among all the other negatives.

It did bring Carson back, though.....he has been unselfish and has my support for him using his "earnings" as he pleases.

Only thing...Coach, put a governor on that ride!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 13

...can you imagine if a player had a Travis Kelce moment with Smart what would happen on the Georgia sideline?

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Recommend Carson Beck pay for some sober investment advice. He lost $100K or more the moment he drove it home from the dealer. He will probably not be receiving such sums for long as even the average NFL career is just 2-3 years. Lots of former NFL players selling cars and mortgages just to make ends meet. Lots of people get up very early every morning plotting to rip off young people with instant wealth…

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    edited February 13

Exactly. People keep acting like he dropped cash on this. The dealer and Lambo got a ton of press off of this. He probably has a short term lease that he's barely paying on. I bet he's paying more for insurance than the car.

All 85 scholarship players at Utah got a >$60k truck. No one cared about that. Why does anyone care about this?

Oh, b/c Mike needs to deflect for his buddy so he's writing about crap that happened over a week ago and has zero impact on the program.

• Options
  • Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm still in the NIL and the portal are going to destroy college football camp.

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

Buying a Lambo? Sorry but this is just a bad image and bad investment on Carson. How long before Athens PD pulls him over? Money is ruining the game.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol....you don't really think he paid "sticker price", do you? This was more than likely just part of the deal. Great advertisement for Lamborghini. That's what NIL was meant to invoke. Don't get queasy, now....Just cause the optics of a College Football player getting paid, seem **** or over-the-top.

With 3 or 4 million bucks....he can buy a fleet of Lamborghini's and Maserati's, if he wants to....if he gets permission from "Maserati" Marv at OSU, that is. It's been like this, with cars & athletes, going back to when I was a kid. The only difference is....the price of the cars. Used to be Corvettes and Trans Ams...back in the day.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 13

His money, his life..not my place to decide how he lives it.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think if I were Carson I would have opted for a sporty Lexus at a third of the price and spread some NIL jack to my O-Line.....WR's.....RB's....TE's... The entire Defense and the guts that slug it out everyday on the Scout Team!