Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football a ‘distant’ No. 1 in inital 2024 SP+ rankings

SystemSystem Posts: 10,474 admin
edited February 14 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football a ‘distant’ No. 1 in inital 2024 SP+ rankings

The 2024 season is still a good way off, as we’re a little over a month removed from the conclusion of the 2023 season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Florida could arguably get the crown for the toughest schedule in the SEC, but the Dawg's schedule is right up there and is the hardest I've ever seen for them. Oh boy. A little lady luck is going to be needed even with all the talent we have on board. Crossing my fingers on the injury front, and hoping THAT bug stays away.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We need to go 10-2 to get in. 9-3 would be real iffy and we know that they would love to keep us out again.

10-2 will be a tough go. Means we need to go 2-2 in our tough road games (Kentucky, Alabama, Texas, Ole Miss) and go undefeated at home (Tenn, Auburn) and undefeated on neutral sites. Not any room for slip ups.

Luckily we have a team that can do this and maybe more. Just get in the playoffs and then go from there.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Luck.....Fortune, I prefer "fortune" but they're all the same I guess.....to echo MontanaDawg, the way I see the 24 season, there is no one in the SEC that compares to The Dawgs in talent/depth, desire and commitment to win, coaching/game planning, and culture.....so undefeated is a real possibility, save ONE dimension.......INJURY. If fortune favors The Dawgs we will be spared serious injury to our players and we will win every game in the 24 regular season. REALITY....the intensity in which The Dawgs practice leaves the injury door wide open, BUT, if not for this intensity we would not be The Georgia Bull Dawgs and we would not have the record we bring to the 24 season so the odds are in our favor.......The one thing that every player can do to prepare right now is "strength and conditioning"......The one other dimension that favors The Dawgs is a result of "strength and conditioning" combined with the cultural commitment to "Better Never Rest"........I take relief in knowing that "Next Man Up" is also a cultural commitment in the quest of becoming a DGD!

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

100% correct! This 2024 roster is loaded with talent, but unfortunately we often enter the season with a lot of talent on the injured list.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It will be very hard to finish undefeated since the meat of our schedule is road games. Three of which are against teams currently in the top 10. Strength and conditioning are important but the injury bug can bite even those in the best shape. Vanderbilt's crappy field cost us Brock Bowers last year.