Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Alabama strength coach Scott Cochran resigns from Georgia football staff

SystemSystem Posts: 10,479 admin
edited February 14 in Article commenting
imageFormer Alabama strength coach Scott Cochran resigns from Georgia football staff

ATHENS — Former Georgia special teams coordinator Scott Cochran is no longer on the Bulldogs staff.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited February 14

Seemed like a decent enough guy... but impact on the field? Unclear from my PoV. There's probably a reason Saban wouldn't give him a role beyond strength & conditioning. Regardless, wish him the best and hope he finds something that maximizes his skillset... but not against the Dawgs!

• Options
    dropperdropper Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

He was great for team culture though from everything that I've heard. He'll be missed, and I wish nothing but the best for him, unless wherever he lands plays against us. :)

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cochran is a great strength and conditioning coach. His mental issue involved "addictions"...read into that as you will. I believe Kirby probably let him go. IMO. He did not rise to the on field level he so desired at Bama and UGA. Wish him the very best.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Gosh, I hope this wasn’t an “involuntary resignation” just to save face. I hope he’s not relapsed. Would be horrible for his health, mentals, family dynamic, risk of future relapses. Praying he finds what he’s looking for. He was good to Dawgnation even while facing demons many of us will never know or understand. I bet this one was painful for Kirby.

• Options
    DawggieDawggie Posts: 70 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited February 14

Dickey may be a candidate for Alabama OC job

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I envy the money these coaches make. But I don't envy all the pressue they're under -- pretty much all year round.

Didn't Cochran also recruit?

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Im unsure if he helped much in getting recruits to commit but I can tell you that insiders reported he was very missed when he had to be away from the team for rehab previously. Evidently he helped keep a good pulse on things for the coordinators/head coach.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope Coach Cochran is okay. The lack of explanation is troubling though. I wish him well in the future.