Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Mark Richt not surprised to see Alabama hire former Georgia player to coaching staff

SystemSystem Posts: 10,479 admin
edited February 21 in Article commenting
imageMark Richt not surprised to see Alabama hire former Georgia player to coaching staff

ATHENS — The Georgia coaching tree adding another limb in the SEC this week with Christian Robinson among the latest to join Alabama’s coaching staff.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 21

@MikeGriffith

Mike, for lack of another place to ask this...I'll use this Article, if it's all the same to you and DawgNation. Lol

You being an expert on all things SEC, Bama, Fla, etc...maybe you can tell me if this below scenario is likely, or possible. I read a couple of things today, that turned this light bulb on....

Given: Nick Saban retired from Bama and is free to be rehired by any SEC Team, if he so desires.

Given. Florida has been floundering at or below mediocrity, since Urban Meyer departed....[2020 Covid-Year not incl.].

Predicted Scenario: Florida will lose 8 or more games in 2024...leading to the axing of Billy Napier and possibly the AD and others. I think, they are going to clean house next year....and go all-in to hire Nick Saban to rejuvenate the Gator program. Giving him autonomous control, of course.

That would have to be very enticing to a man like Saban. He would take over a downtrodden Program that desperately needs a solid winning season without drama. They would be extremely "grateful"....and, He would own Gainesville, Fla..

Lol...something he longed to feel in Tuscaloosa. It's been a minute, since Bama Fans were, what I would call "grateful" or "humble".

He would be, right in the middle of one of the best "Recruiting Regions" in the Country...competing against Spurrier and Meyer's "spectral legacies". For a competitor like Saban....it don't get better than that. He just got done whuppin' the Bear's arse...if you listen to some of the "paid Flapping-gums"...Lol.

I think he takes the job and revives Florida within 2 years through recruiting and unlimited free-agency. Florida would be putty in his hands...IMO. He eventually retires, sometime after age 75.

• Options
    edited February 21

@MikeGriffith ....or....they could just hire Bill Belichick. Seein' as how "upper crust" CFB is closely emulating the NFL in quality and logistics.

He would fit right in with unlimited free-agency. With "No Salary Cap"...&...."30 more players on the roster, than he had at NE"....how can he fail?... Lol

IMO....either guy, would make the perfect HC at the perfect time, for UF, and themselves. Win-Win Situ.

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

you have to accept that coaches will come and go. Some may have more impact than others but it is the nature of the game to seek a more profitable position. Wish them well and move on!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawg61

Thanks for ruining the thread BigDawg61. :) It was just moving right alongso well until you had the nerve to change the topic -LOL!

!

• Options
    edited February 22

@reddawg1

Lol....just tryin' to spice things up a bit and add a little levity to a boring offseason, in which the BB-Dawgs are looking to be in typical form and baseball hasn't kicked in good, yet. But, dang, didn't mean to throw people off "the topic". By god...we've gotta stick strictly to Richt, Bama Coaches [which I was asking about], and UGA.

What inspired me to put that scenario together and ask the question....was that Mike Griffith mentioned Saban returning to Bama in a couple of years,...[to straighten The Tide back out after Deboer's impending and apparently imminent failure]...on "The Paul Finebaum Show". I didn't see "that" happening...but, Saban could go fix Florida...IMO.

Silly me....I thought the topic was "coaching moves" and the "Coaching Carousel" and the multitude of "coaching changes. Guess I should take this "topic thing", a little more literally. Where's your "Off Topic" tic mark?. Lol

I've said, what I wanted to say and asked what I wanted to ask. No answer....so, I guess I'm close. Lol

Go Mark Richt....Go Dawgs. There how's that for, "on topic"? Now, answer the question, if you can.

I thought it was funny, myself. And, childish.