Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Sean McVay provides update on former Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett

SystemSystem Posts: 10,448 admin
edited February 22 in Article commenting
imageSean McVay provides update on former Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett

Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVay provided an update on former Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett when speaking to reporters on Thursday in a video conference call.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    WoodrowWoodrow Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

What does any of that even mean?

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Woodrow, I was thinking the same exact thing. What’s with all the secrecy? Why can’t they give a more clear explanation? I hope the best for him, but the longer it drags out, the worse it looks for Bennett.

• Options
    WildmanSlayerWildmanSlayer Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ Junior

What was the update? Sounds like what we already knew about Stetson, nothing.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 473 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So it’s a personal issue. Most of us have many that we would rather the public not know. Imagine multiplying the issue by allowing the social media armies to attack

• Options
    wpony714wpony714 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Every single "update" has been a nothing burger. I don't know why they bother to bring it up unless there is some concise, NEW information.

• Options
    CharlestonDawgFanCharlestonDawgFan Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

If it is alcohol related, which most assume, I hope he is able to recover fully and even turn that experience into a positive to show kids you can overcome any adversity (he did plenty of that on the field for sure). I hope he gets another shot. Just hope he didn’t miss his chance.

• Options
    Lexi33Lexi33 Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

Johnny Manziel syndrome.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 371 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have a Stetson Bennett update:

At some point we’ll ask him a question and we may get an answer. Currently, however, we aren’t speaking and there is no timeline on when a conversation will happen. We’ll update when have nothing to report.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Come on Stetson, make everyone proud by getting your shot. You really did not need to lose a year as it is. The time is NOW. Or it will be never.

That regret is not what you want. Take care of whatever it is. Grow up where you need to. Do NOT go down the Manziel path.

You can do it. We are behind you. Come on man!

Just hang out with the best people, ones that are the best influences, that are going places. And you will go with them.

Your choice. You may be the Rams starting QB in a couple years if you do what you know you need to do to get that shot.

• Options
    BASDawgBASDawg Posts: 39 ✭✭ Sophomore

Obvious, to me at least, that McVay has written him off but is trying to be diplomatic . Too bad, but pro football is a cold hearted business. Either contribute or hit the road.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wish you guys would quit saying he needs another “shot”. In these days of ultra sensitivity we need to use more appropriate terms like “chance” or “opportunity”. Just kidding. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I sympathize with everyone that has struggles... but lets face it, it's been a LONG time now and I'm sure just about everyone has run out of patience. I mean, you need a month or so to get yourself clean, fine. A couple months? Um, okay. At this point, though, you can't exactly "keep a chair warm" for him to come back as you push towards 6 MONTHS now.

I wish him the best, but his chances of having an NFL career are quickly dissolving. I don't really understand how someone could fight as hard as he fought for so many years to just... disappear.

• Options
    JackalopeJackalope Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

"And you figure it out"???

That's the "update"?

That's called, "clickbait".

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That clears everything up. 😬

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 217 ✭✭✭ Junior

Journalism is truly dead.

• Options
    TIMLAW10TIMLAW10 Posts: 46 ✭✭ Sophomore

Probably need to look up the definition of "update".

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am with you on SBIV being an overachiever and this being an uncharacteristic (and temporary) setback. I won't even try to get into the psychology of self sabotage here because SBIV has shown that he has no fear of failure.

My guess is that there are a couple of things in play here. 1) On SBIV's side there is some sort of problem. How big a problem? IDK. I have the same idea many do only because we really don't know much beyond what was reported before the draft. But I also think 2) NFL teams are notorious for trying to stash players. The Rams may be milking this situation knowing SBIV wasn't going to be a contributor last season. The Rams milk it and then get a free year of an extra QB on one of the many NFL lists. They retain his rights w/o counting a roster spot.

Hopefully, SBIV's rookie season amounts to a redshirt year and when camp rolls around he is back in the mix. IF the Rams cut SBIV loose as soon as they can or before training camp then we will all know this is more serious than has been reported.

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭ Junior

The Rams are not acknowledging what the problem is because of possible legal action, and that should come as no surprise. Stetson has given very public evidence of his problem on at least two occasions. It surprises me that the Rams did not do a sufficient background check to be aware of this situation.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Typical nothing Conner