Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Alabama WR Jermaine Burton clears air with Georgia fans at NFL Combine

SystemSystem Posts: 10,479 admin
edited March 1 in Article commenting
imageAlabama WR Jermaine Burton clears air with Georgia fans at NFL Combine

INDIANAPOLIS — Jermaine Burton never meant to break Georgia fans hearts.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sorry, I think there's character issues. It means something to leave comrades.

• Options
    UGA64UGA64 Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

I only have one question? Why are you not celebrating with your teammates (Bama)? He was being who he is look at UGA kids... our culture is not about taunting your opponents and their fans

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol...right?! He flatters himself, if he thinks leaving UGA caused one second of actual angst, within the Georgia fanbase. He's not THAT good....despite what the National "Hype & Propaganda" Media Machine, is pushing on the public.

Personally....I'm glad he took his attitude somewhere else. He embarrassed himself and his school, when he "slapped/punched" that girl in Knoxville [2022]. That easily could've been Kirby Smart standing at the podium, trying to explain & defend those umdisciplined, immature and violent actions.

Kirby had to do it with Pickens, for the "water bottle incident"...and, that was as bad, as I care to see it get, between Players and Fans. IMO, of course....Fans should stay the hell off the field and away from players, until they've done the 3 S's [****, shower, shave] and departed the locker room. It takes a minute, to "turn it off"...if you know what I mean.

That's just, not how "True Dawgs" conduct themselves. They keep it on the field and professional. How embarrassing for Saban, to have to explain & defend, Burton's actions. You know doggone well he didn't condone it, despite what he said.. I still can't imagine how Burton can possibly justify that punch...in his own mind.

Something isn't wired right in that guy's character....when, his first reaction to a possible threat, is to punch a woman or a kid to protect himself, IMO. My impression is that he could be "that guy" that holds a baby in front of him, for protection...Lol.

Just kidding. I'm sure he's not that bad. Kirby saw something "good" in his character or he wouldn't have signed him, in the first place. I've observed him since...hoping he would man up...but, he acts basically the same. He is what he is. An above average receiver...and, possible head-case....I mean headache.

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good riddance.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Really a good kid. Shouldn't be any problem moving forward. The kind of young man you would want your daughter to marry. But seriously...

• Options
    edited March 1

Lol...that was slick, Red. You had me going for a minute.

Personally...I don't think he'll be drafted, till round 6 or 7....if then. Receivers like Burton, are a dime a dozen. Then, throw in the possibility of Him being a "discipline problem", with previous injuries....I don't think he's worth a draft pick. I'd give him a preferred invite, to show his value....depending on results of His "Combine Effort".

Now, if he blows the Combine away...which is unlikely...all bets are off. If he can outshine McConkey....he's got a shot at rounds 3 thru 5, IMO.

Either way...I couldn't care less. I look at what the Dawgs have had on the field at WR since he left...and what they have coming this year...and,, wonder....[[Why are we still talking about this average wide receiver, "2 years & 1 Championship", after his Athens departure?]]. That's alls I'm sayin'. Lol....he's not THAT good.

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 324 ✭✭✭ Junior

Trying to allay serious concerns about character issues.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thinking he broke the collective heart of DawgNation sorta tells the tale.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options

His eagerness to make that TD in the SECCG all about "Him", and not his teammates....sorta tells the rest. Lol

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Might be more accurate to say Burton “tries to clear the air with UGA fans.” He definitely has nor actually cleared anything.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe it happens some times but I have never seen a college kid scream F you to the fans of his old school. Maybe they were chanting at him before the game or something, I don't know , Just pure rage coming from him, just looked childish and bizzarre to me. Like a freakin temper tantrum.