Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Shane Beamer fires shot at James Coley after leaving South Carolina for Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,460 admin
edited March 1 in Article commenting
imageShane Beamer fires shot at James Coley after leaving South Carolina for Georgia

For the second time this offseason, Shane Beamer and South Carolina had to hire a new wide receivers coach.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited March 1

I agree with Beamer - not sure why Smart did that one. Of course, Kirby didn't ask my opinion - ha ha

• Options
    NorthHallDawgNorthHallDawg Posts: 81 ✭✭✭ Junior

Poor old Beamer... He habitually wants but can never have..." It allowed us to go out and hire an even better wide receiver coach in my mind.” Well, Shane, that was about a dumb statement. If this new guy is better, why the hell didn't you get him to start with???

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The irony- if Kirby had hired Furrey, he would have left in 4 years to be a group 5 head coach.

Coley, for now seems to be a quality position coach and may or may not be around longer.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Funny how talk like this really shows what a "loser" you are. Smart and other "winners" would NEVER say such a **** thing publicly.

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ Junior

I like Shane but this seems a bit juvenile. Coley is just trying to better himself like everyone else.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, in essence, SC got the services of Furrey free for a year(UGA paying the equivalent of his salary) and he's a "better coach." What's there to be pissy about Shane? You won, right? Or is it just a UGA thing?

• Options

Kid can put some hang time on his passes! He's fast too!

• Options
    CharlestonDawgFanCharlestonDawgFan Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

I like Shane and what he has done. However, if they don’t make some major improvements in the coming few years, he’ll be out of a head coaching job. Could definitely see him landing back at UGA at some point as a coordinator as well. I’m sure a lot of these guys on our staff now has said bad things about UGA over the years (we all know Muschamp did)!

• Options

Oops! THought I was on the QB recruit page.

• Options
    EvilSamPittmanEvilSamPittman Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby is Lucy and Shane is Charlie Brown trying to kick the football 🏈.

Shane, remember when you thought you were getting Oscar Delp as well?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Beamer got his ego hurt by Kirby and Coley...I will let this Coley move pan out. If he recruits as hoped...all the better.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Beamer is a glory hound and everything always is about him. That's why he will never be an elite head coach.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No Shane,, if Furrey The Bucknut, was a better coach/recruiter he'd be wearing Red and Black.....I feel for you though, have you ever tried to teach a Bucknut to cockle doodle do???

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wonder why Shane didn’t hire the “better wide receivers coach” in the first place?

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 1

An average at best HC, calling his recent hire at WR coach, a better coach.. Same can also be said about Beamer when he is replaced.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Why does everyone take the bait on this stuff? Beamer made an offhanded comment and Conner manufactures it as a slight...for clicks. Unwad the panties.