Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

‘Serious’ Georgia hire Josh Crawford, rising talent should return Bulldogs to true ‘RBU’ status

SystemSystem Posts: 10,508 admin
edited March 3 in Article commenting
image‘Serious’ Georgia hire Josh Crawford, rising talent should return Bulldogs to true ‘RBU’ status

ATHENS — Georgia football has strong likelihood of returning to legitimate “RBU” status with the changes taking place in the backfield.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited March 3

"Consider, there have been 18 selections for first- or second-team running back in the SEC over the past four years, and none of them have been Georgia players." Mike Griffith

Mike, very interesting stat, one I had never thought of. Did the RB coaching take a step back over the last few years and is this a lucky break that new staff is coming in?

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

High floor AND high ceiling for this RB room. And the "room" = players + coaches. I can't wait to see this position ball out in 2024. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“It will be a welcome boost for the Bulldogs, who despite having NFL talent have not maximized the position like other programs”.

UGA is going to HAVE TO find a way to keep these guys healthy. While we all understand that injuries are a realistic part of the game, it is injuries that have plagued this UGA program. Particularly the RB room. Healthy players up and down the RB depth chart will go a long way toward UGA becoming RBU again.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    jrmdvm1jrmdvm1 Posts: 131 ✭✭✭ Junior

1) Injuries on the offensive line were also a problem for us last year. Is there a correlation to Scott Sinclair not being in charge of the strength and conditioning program?

2) Bobo has a history with more rushing yards than Monken had, but college football has changed greatly since his previous time as OC. In the past, the running offense "set up" the passing offense. Now, there are passing plays that are considered just "extensions" of the running game, but those yards do not show in the rushing statistics. Now the passing game "sets up" the run game, keeping the defense from loading the box to stop the run.

3) I believe that our scheduled rotation of backs has overall been a good thing. There are many UGA backs that are having longer NFL careers than the average, and I believe that it is the reduced "wear and tear" by sharing the load. And I also believe that learning blocking ( especially blitz pickup ) is also a factor at the next level. I believe that these factors will make us attractive to talented RB's in the future.

I am looking forward to consistent and explosive running plays to complement the passing game. UGA plays complementary football in every way possible.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Etienne, however, is the home run hitter Georgia has been missing, and Crawford is in position to take him to an elite level this season."...Mike Griffith. Amen, Mike.

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Excited to see Etienne, glad Rod is progressing, but sure hope to see Branson back to full strength.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wouldn't count on it. That's no knock on BRob. Even Chubb wasn't fully himself again until the 2017 season.