Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN names Georgia football running back Trevor Etienne as top SEC running back for 2024

SystemSystem Posts: 10,462 admin
edited March 11 in Article commenting
imageESPN names Georgia football running back Trevor Etienne as top SEC running back for 2024

Georgia was very active in the transfer portal this offseason, adding seven players to its already talented roster.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can't wait to see him and others in action at G Day just a month away!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

ESPN got one right, what do you know. Trevor will be the leading SEC rusher this season, I agree. This kid can cut and run like no other back I have seen. Very explosive. Quick like a dart....evasive and can catch a pass as well. Dawgs grabbed a good one in Trevor. Actually, UGA backfield will be loaded. Branson R. should return. This guy is a bulldozer. I look forward to spring practice and G Day.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah, it’s nice to have a very good back like Trevor at UGA. Of the returning RBs I like Branson a lot. He’s a bull and difficult to bring down. Hoping his recovery from knee surgery goes well. BR and TE could be a lot like Chubb and Michele. Of course, Rod Robinson also looked very good toward the end of last season. Andrew Paul was touted for his work last year until slowed by an injury. Cash is a good back also. Plus highly touted freshmen coming in. The RB room looks loaded!

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 359 ✭✭✭ Junior

I would be fine with using a stable of 4 RBs back there (Etienne, R. Robinson, Paul and B. Robinson) like we did during the days of Gurley, Henderson, Michel and Chubb.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I expect Entienne will be the feature back with R.Robnson being the guy for perhaps short yardage and to spell Entienne. Sort of like we did last year with Dajun and Milton(when Milton was 100%). THat's a powerful 1-2 punch. Imagine the defense thinking OK Entienne's not in on this play we can catch a break, but oh no look who's in now the big 6'1" 240 pound horse! Good luck with that. WIth a good lead we should see any number of good backs in the 4th quarter!

ONe of the things mentioned by a couple of UGA players on their podcast is how R. Robinson is alot more nimble than people think he is.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm (confidently) guessing Etienne's status on the various "prospect radars" gets elevated significantly because he's now in the Georgia system versus toiling away in the Florida swamp. Not taking anything away from Entienne, as he's an outstanding, exciting back... but he's now where he should be, and will be rewarded for it. I'd also (confidently) guess those higher rated backs would average at least 1 less yard/carry if they went through the gauntlet of Georgia's football schedule. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wonder if he'll have a better offensive line blocking for him this coming season?

Go, Dawgs!