Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia baseball pitchers get rude awakening in SEC opener, 16-10 loss at Kentucky

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited March 15 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia baseball pitchers get rude awakening in SEC opener, 16-10 loss at Kentucky

Georgia baseball’s powerful bats could not cover its pitching woes in a 16-10 SEC-opening loss at Kentucky.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here we go with baseball, just like basketball....excuses for L. KY had three 5-run innings! Fifteen runs! UGA was great against loser non-conference teams. Then the SEC games are always the wake-up call and what we thought would be a hot baseball team, especially pitching.....finally...is not. KY was the better team. UGA pitching never showed up. Johnson has some work to do if he is to have a winning season....based on this "game." I am puzzled at Georgia's poor performance.? Is it Johnson? Looks like football remains the winner, so far. Go Dawgs!!!

My rant. sorry. I had soaring hopes for baseball....maybe next game.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kentucky is a little more of a challenge than UNC-Asheville, etc.

• Options
    SouthATLDawgSouthATLDawg Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

I don't disagree. Only the team can rewrite the narrative. Until then, we should expect about the same results we've always received. I'm hopeful Johnson can turn this thing around...admittedly, I'm concerned after this very poor start to SEC play.

Oh, and our softball team is looking good...let's hope they can keep it up too!!

• Options
    SouthATLDawgSouthATLDawg Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

No doubt! This is why it reminds so many of basketball. We play less than decent teams and win...and then we play conference games and look silly. I'm very interested in how this team bounces back. Our basketball team never did...our baseball team has an opportunity to do something different. It's up to them.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Need to play better teams before conference play starts. This year’s pre-conference schedule was a joke.