Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What makes Trevor Etienne’s fast start at Georgia even more encouraging

SystemSystem Posts: 10,546 admin
edited March 19 in Article commenting
imageWhat makes Trevor Etienne’s fast start at Georgia even more encouraging

ATHENS — Dell McGee very much had a type when it comes to the running back position. That much is evident when you see the position and how it evolved over the years.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 492 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

…Etienne is going to have to be Georgia’s lead ball carrier this season.

I don’t believe this needs to be true for the Dawgs to make it to the playoff. There are other quality backs in the RB room who can carry the load if needed.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"High-Character".....Kirby used that description twice in one paragraph. Lol "Character", is the first thing UGA looks at, when seriously considering whether or not, to offer a kid. That's why so many elite players, covet a "UGA Offer". It's like a stamp of approval, and placed at high value, in the NIL Market.

Did BRANSON ROBINSON transfer or something? You wrote about every back....except Robinson, Paul and the "Evans & Bell" combo.

Welcome, Travis Etienne....but, you aren't the best running back on the team, just yet. Can't wait to see what all of you boys can do, in September.

I'm particularly looking forward to the "Thunder & Lightning Show" I expect to see out of 4 backs in particular....the two Robinsons will provide the "Thunder"....and....Etienne & Bell will bring the "Lightning". So many options and so much talent...Lol.

I don't think Kirby and Bobo could possibly go-wrong...no matter what skill-player combination they use....in 75% of their games. Etienne will be just one option. I'm sure he doesn't expect to get anywhere near the number of touches he had, at Florida. And, I don't think that it will matter, with respect to where he is drafted.

IMO...He's in Athens to learn from the best and improve his "blocking skills". "THAT", alone...will give him a bump up the draft board, in '25 or '26.

• Options
    gafanlivinginalgafanlivinginal Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think Etienne will be hungry to get a ring like his brother's.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Bell's RB days are over if our backfield stays healthy. AND that's a good thing. He can just focus on being the best receiver he can be. He proved he was a swiss army knife when we needed him as a runner. Bobo may use him ala BB on an end around but with a full stable of backs he's probably done lining up behind CB.

Glad Etienne is here, he solidifies the backfield. Everyone else can heal up from their surgeries and from what I'm hearing Chauncey Bowers is no little RB, he is impressive to look at. The other two guys coming this summer can both take it to the house! THey may both redshirt but who knows, heres to good health!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 837 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Same old quotes rehashed. Same love on Etienne while giving the rest of the RB room short shrift. Don't get me wrong, as I think Etienne could be the biggest add from the TP and can't wait to see him carry the rock on this great team. But we have plenty of RB talent to go around... just got to get and keep them all healthy. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

By my count we have 10 RB's, 5 redshirt Sophs/Sophs, of which I predict A Paul and the Robinson Boys will step up big in 24, but what about proven backs like Cash and senior LenNeth Whitehead???? I'm also thinking Chauncey Bowen will be a well known name by December.....I'm happy, happy, happy that Trevor has melded into a soon to be DGD but I'd sure like an update on the other nine!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What about Nate Frasier? He still, may be the best RB in UGA's '24 recruiting class. I was impressed with what I saw on film. And, he doesn't even get a whiff of respect?. Lol

So much talent...so many options. One thing's for certain...UGA should have the best Special Teams units in CFB next year. They could field the whole Kickoff Receiving Unit, with nothing but, ESPN 300 RB's and WR's. And, those are just the backups. Lol.

Let's face it...the Dawgs have morphed into an All-Star Team....a professional football team. And, I love it. It's about time. They've had the potential for this kind of greatness, for so long...I was beginning to wonder if there was a curse hanging over Georgia, keeping the inevitable at bay. Lol.

Mark Richt almost 'broke on thru to the other side', but, fell just a little short. IM9...Richt, resurrected UGA football and "The UGA Standard" set in place by the likes of Wally Butts, Vince Dooley and Erk Russell.

Between Dooley ['84] and Richt ['01]....UGA wallowed in mediocrity with no direction or identity. They were the most talented "Average Team" in the SEC...every year...until Dooley hired Mark Richt. Like Frankenstein....Richt took UGA's DNA and resurrected the "Junkyard Dawg".

Lol...I'm just surprised nobody's come up with an "Under Dog" type Mascot. You know....like a Bulldog with a big "G" on it's chest and wearing a red or black cape.

Thanks to Free-Agency....UGA finally, has the recruiting advantage, other programs have feared going back to the '80's. Word on the street was..."If UGA ever starts recruiting the talent in their own backyard, like they did in the '70's...they'll be perennial Contenders.". Bama, Auburn, Florida, FSU, Clemson and Tennessee were kickin' our butt in recruiting our own State.

Now that the ball is rolling full steam...UGA will only get stronger. It's gonna be pretty much like Saban, Smart and others have been warning...."Without guardrails and management...the rich will get richer and the poor will fade from significance."....[or something to that effect].