Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: Jared Curtis, the nation’s No. 1 junior QB, commits to Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited March 23 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: Jared Curtis, the nation’s No. 1 junior QB, commits to Georgia football

This Sentell’s Intel rep on Georgia football recruiting has the latest with 5-star rising junior QB Jared Curtis . He ranks as the nation’s No. 1 QB and the No.1 overall prospect for 2026 on the 247Sports Composite. The On3 Industry Ranking has him as the No. 3 QB and at No. 14 overall.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

I wonder how JuJu feels about this.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Personally, the hype around Raolia and Lewis brings too high of expectations. I prefer a lower profile who doesn’t mind year one on the scout team.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd take Zollers and call it a day. 25 and 26 would be locked up be in great shape and wouldn't have to go through all the JUJU drama. If JuJu wants to play at UGA go ahead and commit before Zollers.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Will it be Lewis? Zollers? Montgomery? Which one of those guys will battle for the starting quarterback job in Athens after Carson Beck’s final season this fall?"......did someone forget about Gunner and Pugs????? One of these young men will be The Dawg QB 1 in 25 and 26....

Juju & Dad are flakes, not nearly the maturity level required to become QB1 at UGA and has made it clear he'll never wait/earn starting QB. I see Zollers a Nitt Wit Lion/Big 10....18 or what ever Boy....can't believe Cryin Day hasn't offered him several Wendy's franchises in Columbus??? As for Montgomery, he doesn't strike me as having the grit to compete and win against Curtis.....much easier route becoming a Gamey **** but, maybe I'm wrong.....therefore, IMHO Jared Curtis will be The Dawgs QB 1 in 2027 and beyond!

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Whatever the results there turn out to be, the decision made by Curtis today ensures that the Bulldogs will have another 5-star option in Mike Bobo’s room for years to come.

Well, hopefully that turns out to be true. However, none of the others stayed the course. As you know Jeff, every single one transferred. Our history with these 5 stars is pretty abysmal. Hope this young man comes to Athens , waits his turn, and has a great career at UGA.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It’s pretty clear that JuJu is a drama queen. We don’t need that kind of selfishness in our locker room. Unless, he matures real quickly, let someone else deal with that stuff.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

First the kid has size and talent. Excellent accuracy and pretty good mobility. Bigger than Raiola but not as fluid or polished. BUT that film is of a 10th grader. 2 more HS seasons to polish his game. TN private school competition is pretty poor. A LONG way to signing day. Good player to build a class around.

• Options

I believe it’s the same HS as the new Transfer WR Humphreys from Vandy.

• Options
    WoodrowWoodrow Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sometimes you just got to appreciate what you got. We can whine and cheese about JuJu and others some other time. Lets just see what happens at the end of this recruiting class, next year and spring battle for QB1. What we need to do now is say number 1, I will take it and concentrate on the season ahead. Kirby and staff will take care of the rest.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kid can definitely float around in the pocket or on the outskirts until he sees someone come open. So, he appers to have good downfield vision and decent to above average manueverability. ABove average arm strength and good height. Agree with UGAdad20, the competition he played against was nowhere near 4,5,or 6A Ga football competition - basically a bunch of diminutive white kids. But not unlike other QB's competition we have brought in. WHEn he throws side arm on the run he reminds me of BVG.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 24

From the Rivals staff 3/24/24 in an article about who might be overrated/ranked too high:

"Levenson: For me at this point in his development, I would like to see quarterback Jared Curtis face some tougher competition. Curtis had some fantastic numbers as a sophomore, but I can't help but wonder what his numbers would look like against a tougher division or crop of opponents."

FYI. Why UGA is a better job than Alabama and why Florida may be the best job in the SEC

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The velocity he had on the pass when he was rolling right and threw across his body to the left was a thing of beauty and a rarity. This kid is the real deal: I just hope we can keep him committed to UGA.

• Options

The Florida stat is a little misleading as the IMG academy recruits from all over the country for the best players. But still it’s an impressive number even without IMG