Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: 5-star DL Justus Terry flips his commitment from Georgia football to USC

SystemSystem Posts: 10,449 admin
edited March 24 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: 5-star DL Justus Terry flips his commitment from Georgia football to USC

This Sentell’s Intel rep on Georgia football recruiting has the latest with 2025 5-star DL Justus Terry. He ranks as the nation’s No. 2 DL and the No. 8 overall prospect for 2025 on the 247Sports Composite. The On3 Industry Ranking has him as the No. 2 DL and at No. 9 overall.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is why I don’t get caught up in these kids committing to play somewhere. The ones that flip after making a commitment evidently don’t know what they want or they’d wait to commit. If he wants to go play for a mediocre coach with an even worse defense, go right ahead. The word “commitment” doesn’t mean anything in college sports anymore.

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 185 ✭✭✭ Junior

Maybe him and Ju Ju can be roommates.

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior

Let's hope he has a moment of clarity before signing day.

• Options
    wpony714wpony714 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Absolutely horrible defense last year. However, they have made significant changes to the defensive coaching staff. They've added significant NFL experience.

All the early buzz out of spring training is how much muscle weight their players have put on.

Not much room but to go up from last year but I expect their defense will be much improved.

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Maybe his player host was Bear Alexander. We'll see if it sticks. Not watching the recruiting anymore. I'll tune in when the show up on campus.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, Lincoln Riley's job is on the line if he doesn't figure out how to field a decent defense. Lincoln Riley hired defensive line coach Eric Henderson away from the Los Angeles Rams in part to boost the program’s recruiting at the position. Well, this is the first example of that, and this is the 2nd 5-star 2025 recruit that USC has stolen from the Dawgs...Terry joins quarterback Julian “Ju Ju” Lewis, the No. 9 overall player in the class who plays at Carrollton High School.

USC is actively recruiting GA boys...let the flip-flop games begin.

Call me in another year when the dust has settled...these recruitment battles ain't over 'til its over.

• Options
    MarkC_N_FLMarkC_N_FL Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

I will never understand why great defensive players want to go and play for an offensive minded coach for money. Bear Alexander is an example of a player whose skills diminished each week after he left UGA. Sure he has a nice penthouse apartment in downtown LA, but he will never realize his draft potential in the NFL. Bear Alexander will be playing in the UFL by 2026.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

DAWGS will still be better than usc, with or without Justus Terry. Best of luck in your future..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    JimBobJimBob Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

These kids should just quit committing to a team in their junior year. Obviously do not know what committing means in standard english. He is probaby just folowing the money. Good luck to him.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 371 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I get that Bowers and others are from California but that is a loooong way from home. I wonder what the family will discuss when it gets to be time to be official because if it is me, I am making sure my son is aware of that distance and how a great program that is a 2 hour drive from home wanted him.

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

"It was an easy decision" ... a very simple but well phrased quote from the clown that was supposedly committed to UGA.

To you folks that follow recruiting like breathing in your daily CO'2...get a life. These supposed recruits could care less about you or anyone other than how much money they feel they are entitled 2.

Go Dawgs

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Character still counts. Flipping is a reflection of lack of character. He should have not committed until he was sure where he wanted to play. Now he can team up with Bear Alexander and watch the college football playoffs from a sports pub or his apartment... Lincoln Riley will not even be there this time next year... He's just a mercenary... I have degrees from UGA (75) and USC (1984). I am a huge Dawg and can't stand the Trojans...

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

USC....where Bears go to hibernate!

• Options
    DoggoneDoggone Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hollywood here they come!😂

• Options

Alexander struggled early but he improved throughout the course of the season. That said, the entire defensive staff has been replaced.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Having grown up in South Georgia and living in LA area for three years I can guarantee you that this young man has no idea about the level of culture shock he will experience IF he actually decides the word commitment really has a moral meaning connected to it. LA is a tough place for a guy from Manchester, GA, to live a normal life.

Of course, since he seems to have no idea what the word commitment means, he is still just as likely to end up at UGA (or Bama, or Auburn, or Georgia Tech, or Tennessee, or _____________) as USC.

Maybe somebody will be able to talk some sense into his head. Certainly hope so. USC is basically the pits.

• Options

UGA isn't going to stop recruiting him just like they didn't stop with Miller and Williams. The biggest difference is, USC now has a much better defensive staff. No reason to call this kid out because he could still end up a Dawg.

Also, this was a huge recruiting weekend in LA. Terry wasn't the only one out here. Elyiss Williams and Elijah Griffin were on this trip. Riley and staff know what they are doing. Bring all the Georgia kids out, then trot Sam Darnold out to talk to them about how great a coach Eric Henderson is. That's going to turn their heads, obviously.

USC is able to put NIL offers out that are not just all money, although that is definitely a component. Caleb Williams was making a small fortune in just 2 years. USC can hook players up with companies who have national brand status, not just state and local.

Based on his comments, USC blew up a small town kid with all the glitz and LA glamour that appeals to some. He was told USC has the #1 business school (they don't) and he's interested in their entrepreneur program. Not one player on their current roster is in that program and that's for a reason. Terry won't be either if he sticks with USC.

I have no idea how good USC will be this year or not but their defense will be better....low bar for sure. Their current staff and NIL money are going to make them a team to contend with on the recruiting trail. To come into Kirby's backyard, get 2 wins, and entertaining 2 more is no joke.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some will pick here and now NIL money over development. The smart money comes from better development.

He will lose out with USC in the development department.