Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Trevor Etienne arrested on DUI, reckless driving charges

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited March 24 in Article commenting
imageTrevor Etienne arrested on DUI, reckless driving charges

ATHENS — Georgia running back Trevor Etienne was arrested Sunday morning on four charges. The charges are DUI, reckless driving, failure to maintain lane/improper driving on road and affixing materials that reduce visibility of windows/windshield.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    dawgfanathensdawgfanathens Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Never fails at UGA with the DUI's, the reckless driving and yes two individuals getting themselves killed.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Apparently the message, ......Clarke/Oconee counties are the most heavily policed areas in America.....coming in a close second to only the White House,...... has not made its way past Trevor's smiling grill....Hopefully he will now become The Dawg's Poster Boy for **** and dissuade team mates not to make the same mistake.....I'm sure Kirby and Company will add just the right amount of "motivation" to help in his understanding......hopefully EVERY NIL contract has an addendum addressing **** behavior and continued financial payments???

We'll know shortly as I expect a heart felt "Mia Culpa" before the end of the next practice.......Trevor, my man....**** don't fly in the Dawg Nation....should've left that back in The Swamp!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 24

Ouch...and the hits today just keep on comin'...thank gosh it wasn't a felony, or Trevor, my man, you would be gone!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Been bragging all preseason about Trevor. He has some time in the SEC, but when they hit Athens things happen? Cops on high alert. Trevor should know better. Kirby does not like this and will likely exclude him at least from Clemson for certain. Hope Branson is ready gonna really need him now. I an not stunned just saddened.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    wpony714wpony714 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"....reckless driving, failure to maintain lane/improper driving on road" booked at 4:30, so probably pulled over around 3:30....just how much "on alert do the cops need to be? Etienne asking to be pulled over.

Will likely be another internally handled situation and doubtful he'll sit out any games.

And I agree, they should know better, and I believe they do know better, so why does it keep happening? Stupidity? Carelessness? Entitlement? All of the above? It's a college town with a lot of young people enjoying a great time in their lives. One of these days, a player is going to injure or kill another student, not another player or staffer....a student. They are entitled and that is sad.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THe Fast and the Furious 2. -LOL!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cops on high alert means it is the norm in Athens. I am a grad and it has been this way. Not singling out Trevor. I do believe he will sit out a game...or should...those are the rules if he is convicted. I agree, at some future juncture, someone (player or student) is going to pay a heavy price for such foolish activity.

Just saddens me.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 24

This was very S T U P I D on his part. I to was very S T U P I D at his age. And No I’m Not proud of that at all. Ashamed is a better word.

Thank God and I say that whole heartedly, I didn’t kill someone. Don’t drink alcohol or do drugs that inhibit your driving skills, it’s a Very D u m b thing to do. You could easily kill someone and/or yourself. Thank You Lord that I the Idiot didn’t kill or injure someone, Only by your mercy and grace that didn’t happen.

NO it’s Not cool at all. It’s ignorant and very selfish. Fortunately that was a very small segment of my life but a segment that I’m deeply ashamed of. Don’t Do It !! P.S. Your Not the life of the party when you drink and drive, your the High Potential Death of yourself and others on the highway !!

• Options
    WoodrowWoodrow Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well, Rod Rob is up along with Paul and some 5 star's wainting in the wings, Branson wil not be fully healed until next year.