Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: 5-star DL Justus Terry flips his commitment from Georgia football to USC

2»

Comments

• Options
    wpony714wpony714 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 24

Oh, I forgot, Isaiah Gibson was out here too and he's also now committed to USC. Eric Henderson is kicking Kirby's arse.

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 185 ✭✭✭ Junior

Pony is an idiot

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    NissDawgNissDawg Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

Have fun crying on the sideline because your defensive and character development is 🗑 🚮

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As with The Bear, Isaiah Gibson just never struck me as a "Better Never Rest" kind of guy but a "Show Me The Money Man"......hears hoping that Terry comes to the realization that development at the hands of the Dawg Staff combined with the constant national exposure, ending with the best NFL guidance will in 3-4 years make the penance Blinkin Lincoln is offering look like chump change.....then again maybe I've miss judged The Man form Manchester and he's a "SMTMM"????

• Options

He won't be living a "normal life" if he ends up at USC. He'll have a nice apartment, be secluded from the bad parts of LA, get treated to the best places in LA, and enjoy pretty much year around good weather. It's not like he'll be living in or driving through the homeless, drug-infested areas.

LA is a sports town. Chargers, Rams, Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers, Kings, Galaxy, LAFC, SoFi, Crypto, BMO, Rose Bowl. Lots of athletes tend to like that.

There's no shortage of good food and other entertainment. Those are all things that make up the LA culture for a USC football player. It's completely different than Athens and his home town, for sure. But it's not the pits.

There are at least a few coaches who will be working on flipping him back but I'd think Mykel is a good person to help talk him through that trip rush he's got right now.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 24

How many National Championships, or conference championships has Henderson won? It'll be even tougher now that USC left the Pac 12, ( they couldn' t even win that weak conference with Riley as HC) to join the big10. And now Henderson will still be looking for a championship after he's fired..i'd say he's kicking rocks..nothing more. Average HC, staff, and a very overrated football program=USC..💯

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, I hear you wpony, but USC is in a bad part of LA. I lived in LA. Trust me, it’s not a pleasant place. It will be a culture shock. Yes, I’m sure the athletes are treated well, but the campus is in a rough part of the city. Shootings in the area are common. But who knows, the young man may stick to a terrible decision. I doubt he will stay there 3 or 4 years.

• Options

Born and raised in SoCal. My parents were both USC alums. I'm an alum. Believe it or not, there is more crime per student at ucla than USC, lol.

Outside the USC footprint, it's definitely got issues. Over the years, USC has gentrified the area so that the campus and surrounding streets are predominantly new USC-owned apartments and businesses. It looks completely different than it did when I attended.

I left my love and support behind when the University and Athletic Department leadership proved they had no morals and no interests beyond making money. When my daughter flipped her interest from USC to UGA, I became a big Dawg fan. It hasn't made me any friends out here but I'm having a lot more fun.

• Options

As a player, none, although he was a standout at g-tech. As a college coach, none.

He has coached players like Emmanual Ogbah and Joey Bosa.

He was the run game coordinator and the defensive line coach for the Rams when they won the Super Bowl 2 years ago. That is the part that gets the attention of high school players and their parents.

• Options
    DMVDawgDMVDawg Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

I wish the young man well. How did that move work out for Bear Alexander? He appeared to take a step back in his development last season. Got a feeling this young man will make his way back around to UGA. It's just a question of; Do you want to be elite and play for National Championships or play for the Bad Boy Mowers Pinstripe Bowl Trophy.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sorry you feel betrayed by your Alma mater wpony. It’s good to hear the area around USC has been improved. I have a son and two grandsons who live in LA (actually La Crescenta) and one of my grandsons likes USC and may go there.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think until the NCAA along with the conferences instill more clarity and better rules into NIL, it’s probably best for us fans psyche not to trust a Commitment from a player until he’s signed and on campus. It just causes so much pain for fans to think a guy is All Dawg then he flips. I fully understand people have to do what they feel is best for their lives. And it IS their life. So until the NCAA and conferences refine NIL I’m not gonna invest my emotions into a player’s “commitment” until they are signed and on campus. P.S. Some of these guys that decommit might well end up at UGA later on through the TP. CFB as it used to be is Dead. It’s now a semipro training camp.