Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia basketball shocks Wake Forest, bounces into NIT quarterfinals

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited March 24 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia basketball shocks Wake Forest, bounces into NIT quarterfinals

Georgia basketball kept the ball bouncing on its season, upsetting traditional ACC powerhouse Wake Forest on the road in NIT action.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SufferinginAtlantaSufferinginAtlanta Posts: 60 ✭✭✭ Junior

So happy for this bunch and UGA basketball. Winning a tough road game is a good step forward for the program. Hoping they’re up for the next challenge. Go dawgs!’

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Drilling the 3 pointers...Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    PlateauDawgPlateauDawg Posts: 41 ✭✭ Sophomore

For most of the last 3 games they have played like a NCAA tournament team. Frustrating that they wait until it really doesn’t matter but gives me hope for next season.

• Options
    Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 140 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm so proud of our Hoop Dawgs. Three post season wins is a major improvement and a huge step forward for the team. Keep working and getting better.

Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Couldn't agree more. Winning the game against a Wake Team that only lost once on their home court, all year...with a team, down 3 players, including 7' Chiawa...is special, any way you cut it. Especially, given the fact, they haven't been this deep in the NIT since 1998. That's right...26 years. And....it's their first postseason appearance in about 7 years.

Mike White is The Man...and, he's JUST getting started. I see The Dawgs vision, now. This year, was Phase 2 of project "Rebuild UGA Basketball and Baseball". Any postseason play, from the Baseball and Basketball teams this year, is just gonna be gravy. It's gonna improve "The Culture" and bring the talent. Plus....it gives UGA's loaded Freshman Class Postseason experience heading into next year...[provided they don't transfer].

IMO...That alone makes these games mean something. They are important for "Team Growth", as well as young Mike White's, "Coaching Growth". This year is a massive improvement over the last several years and it's only his 2nd year.

I believe a lot of kids want to be a part of the UGA Student-Athlete Culture. BUT....Until recently, prospective recruits had good reason to look for greener pastures...cause there were a LOT of greener pastures, with regard to Facilities, Coaching and Competitive Edge.

That worm has turned in Athens. Kirby Smart has "awoken a sleeping giant" [UGA]...and, it's about time...Lol. If Mike White wins the NIT....I nominate him for "SEC Coach of the Year". I love the grit he has those boys playing with. They don't "give up". And now....they're learning "how to win with poise".

Go get em Big Red!