Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

L.A. Rams giving Stetson Bennett another look, plans to ‘onboard’ former Georgia QB

SystemSystem Posts: 10,468 admin
edited March 25 in Article commenting
imageL.A. Rams giving Stetson Bennett another look, plans to ‘onboard’ former Georgia QB

Former Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett will get another chance to realize his NFL dreams with the Los Angeles Rams after missing last season for undisclosed reasons, per reports.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

He's got one more chance and that's it. Or if he screws it up he becomes Johnny Manzil

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

jvillebl: He's got one more chance and that's it. Or if he screws it up he becomes Johnny Manzil

You mean Manziel? Even then, that's a bit of a reach. And how exactly do you know what's going on in his life? After you win your second Natty and Offensive MVP to boot, enlighten all of us on your foolproof path to clean living.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 26

Exactly. There's no telling what it is. It could a dying parent or sibling, for all we know. "It's personal". If there was a nefarious reason...I highly doubt the LA Organization would've stuck with him this long....and, in LA?...with Social Media up his butt?...a story would've broken by now, if it was of the rowdy nature.

I will say this...it's the first time I've seen it happen, that I can recall. "A 4th round draft pick opting out of a season for personal reasons"...BEFORE...taking a regular season snap. And, being welcomed back with open arms...without so much as a "howdy do" to the media or fans. It's "as if"....nothing ever happened.

The closest thing I can remember, is Heisman Winner, Ricky Williams...[1st Rd, N.O., traded to Miami '02]... walking away from the NFL for at least a year...in about year 2 or 3 of his contract [2004] with Miami...due to a suspension for testing positive for Marijuana...and for "mental health reasons". He wound up going to Canada and smoking weed...before working his way back to the NFL through the CFL, for a lengthy career with the Dolphins [Ret. '11]. Lol

• Options
    NCMtnDawgNCMtnDawg Posts: 38 ✭✭✭ Junior

Stetson, we love you and we're rooting for you. I'm a South Georgia boy too. Be the Gentleman your mother taught you to be and the warrior we all saw when you were a (dressed out)Dawg and everything will work out.

• Options
    Bill71Bill71 Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

Nuff said about Bennett! Let’s watch his actions now!

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm from Pierce County and know a lot more of what's going on that you realize. I'm a huge Stetson fan and I think he will pull it out

• Options
    KickJudyKickJudy Posts: 81 ✭✭ Sophomore

I don't know the deal on Stetson but he did enough for the DOGS when he played that I'll stick with him. He was and probably still is a **** Good DOG.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well said, Judy. Kid's a Baller and a Georgia Blue Blood, he gets his rebellious nature honest. We need more Georgians like him. Less "sheep"...more "leaders".

Go Dawgs! Get yours Stet!