Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Police report: Trevor Etienne’s Audi sports car screeched tires, passed illegally

SystemSystem Posts: 10,455 admin
edited March 26 in Article commenting
imagePolice report: Trevor Etienne’s Audi sports car screeched tires, passed illegally

ATHENS — The screeching tires from Trevor Etienne’s high-end Audi sports car at a stop light set the wheels in motion for a traffic stop resulting in his arrest in Athens early Sunday morning.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

Maybe this NIL money should be put into some sort of trust until the kids reach 21. 19 is awfully young to be driving a sports car like that. Remember, the brain is not fully developed until around 26 years of age. That's a lot of responsibility to be giving a 19 yr old.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He will likely be dropped from the Clemson game roster. IMO only. I think that is UGA university policy. Really a shame. He has tremendous RB skills. Kirby is very high on Trevor. I have pushed his value for months after viewing videos of him in action.

• Options
    80Grad195580Grad1955 Posts: 10 ✭✭ Sophomore

He's lucky. He could have killed himself and others.

• Options
    Bill71Bill71 Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

Here we go again!

• Options
    NissDawgNissDawg Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

As a lifelong Georgia fan through all the ups and downs and a fan of players getting money for their NIL... maybe they should get a percentage of the NIL deals for the years they have them (just an opinion but maybe half or 25%?) then they get the full amount when they declare for the draft. Even if he was in a Honda accord (he wouldn't have gotten over 100mph) but i imagine he would have been driving that way anyways... but that RS7 is a V8 TT monster lol, makes it way easier for a 19 year old to make a bad decision. Once again only an opinion.. but keep him out of the G-Day game, not the Clemson game. That game will be really important to him, his family & friends + the fans just because of the scenario (big bro playing at Clemson and having a stellar career)... I'd hate to see him have to miss that game for a common mistake for a kid with that kind of money (that's no excuse for driving drunk, also why is the bar selling 19 year old football players alcohol? I mean i know why.. I was a 19 year old at one time to lol but Being in Athens id hope the bartenders there would look out for the players.. maybe get them an Uber, dare I say INSIST they get an Uber if you're gonna sell it to them) but anyone at 19.. i would even say MOST with his lifestyle could easily make the same mistake. Kirby if you need somebody to drive these kids around Athens to ensure they stay safe and make smart decisions... pls, find a way to contact me lol. I'd be MORE then willing to help these young men reach their full potential without costly mistakes as these. Never the less, it's a mistake and we all make them. Grow and move on brother. I WANNA SEE THOSE 200+ YARDS A GAME! 😉

GO DAWGS! 🔴🐾⚫

• Options
    gafanlivinginalgafanlivinginal Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ Junior

Apparently NIL money endangers everyone driving on the same road as these football players with the expensive fast cars most of them didn't have before NIL.

• Options
    TheRealDTTheRealDT Posts: 11 ✭ Freshman

Glad no one was hurt. Per the report, the LEO was right to cite Etienne.

Perhaps future team leaders will bank/invest their pay and drive the hand me down cars their family can give them (though Etienne may have received this car from his brother) and be a real example of eating off the floor leadership. New top end sports cars, expensive watches and private jets for the "team leaders" don't win championships as I'm afraid we will find out.