Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart shares comments on Trevor Etienne following arrest

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited March 26 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart shares comments on Trevor Etienne following arrest

ATHENS — Georgia coach Kirby Smart shared his first official comments on running back Trevor Etienne, who was arrested on Sunday morning on four misdemeanor driving-related charges.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 26

Having read the police report, I'm thinking a fine, community service and lose the window tint and Trevor will be square with the LEO community. As for the internal discipline, a much harsher reality.....just hoping that by September Trevor will have atoned enough to play, especially against Urnge Tygas!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks like a one game..Clemson ...suspension. Not good. Smart really likes this kid.....hopefully, Etienne wises up quickly?

• Options
    wpony714wpony714 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He has a prior? Hopefully, part of the internal handling will include some kind of abuse education/support. If he's been caught twice, he's done it a lot more than that.

He's under 21 so he could face stiffer penalties than just a fine and community service. He could got to jail for a year, which I doubt will happen. He could also be looking at a 6-12 month license suspension.

It says he decline a field sobriety test but if he refused the other options after arrest, "an underage driver arrested for driving under the influence will generally be asked to submit to a breath, blood, or urine test. An underage driver who unlawfully refuses will face the same one-year, 3-year, and five-year license revocation as for a standard test refusal."

• Options
    Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 138 ✭✭✭ Junior

@wpony714

I don't think TE has a prior DUI. The wording is a bit awkward but it refers to players in the past serving a game suspension for a DUI arrest. I had to read it again myself.

I sincerely hope this is a one-off issue and TE learns from it. The last thing he needs right now is ridicule and isolation. He needs his Dawg brothers to pick him up and get past this.

Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    wpony714wpony714 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Excellent point! I agree, I had to read it again and I can see the issue. Misplaced modifier, there, lol and makes a big difference.

From everything else, it sounds like he's a good kid and someone who will learn from it.