Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Column: Georgia basketball narrative changing, gutsy road win at Ohio State sparks school pride

SystemSystem Posts: 10,457 admin
edited March 27 in Article commenting
imageColumn: Georgia basketball narrative changing, gutsy road win at Ohio State sparks school pride

Georgia hunkered down in the final seconds at Ohio State, holding on for a 79-77 win when the Buckeyes missed a last-second field goal.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Please fix the typo in the second paragraph after the "pay attention" subhead.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited March 27

Now someone needs to make a highlight video from the basketball game and put in the audio from the football game, lol. Would love to see it.

Edit: Just watched it on x. Was decent, could've found a better video to use it with, lol.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Pretty impressive. There should be an NIT for college football.

• Options
    BoydCrowderBoydCrowder Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

Are you telling me Ohio State missed a 3-pointer as time expired to seal the win for Georgia?! That seems eerily familiar. Where have I heard that before? Hmm....

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MikeGriffith Outstanding article and assessment, Mike. I too, believe Mike White could be the New Beginning of UGA Basketball. The difference, this time, is that the Dawgs have finally found a "high-character", "high-energy", intelligent Coach to lead em out of the basement's basement. And, he seems to fit...meaning, he could be here for a long time.

The Basketball Program is long overdue for "stability & success". All the other sports have had their "ups 'n downs"....but, basketball has been buried in muck for what seems like decades.

They threw some hope our way 15 years or so, ago...only to have to forfeit the NCAA Bid due to cheating in the classroom. We've come a long way from that embarrassment. I think that took place during AD Damon's [???] Tenure. And, HE was fired for cause, over a "Traffic Violation" with a woman "not his wife". Lol

Mike White is The perfect guy to resurrect and rehabilitate UGA Basketball. They have some of the best young talent I've seen on an Athens B-Ball court, in 4 decades.

Unlike previous years....NIL/TP and UGA's Collective, will keep White's teams stocked with the right mix of youth and experience.

Good job on offensive rebounds in the 1st half. Definite improvement. Tchiawa looked a little sluggish...even when he was supposed to be fresh. Hope he's okay.

Keep on keepin' on, boys. Now, you're playin' like "Junkyard Dawgs".