Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart details Carson Beck’s arsenal amid Georgia football skill position makeover

SystemSystem Posts: 10,473 admin
edited April 2 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart details Carson Beck’s arsenal amid Georgia football skill position makeover

ATHENS — This Georgia football team can only go as far as Heisman Trophy co-favorite Carson Beck takes them, but Kirby Smart added a qualifier on Tuesday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm loving what I am hearing about Beck's Spring performance so far. All these receivers need to work aggressively with Beck on their route running and separation skills this off season. Carson needs to know these guys tendencies like the back of his hand - like he did with Bowers and McConkey. I'm excited to see Arian Smith back on the field. If he's working on anything it simply needs to be completing the catch and bringing the ball to his body. He can outrun anyone. Dillon Bell is my favorite player on offense honestly. The guy reminds me of James Cook in one sense as he can do just about anything on offense. Excited to see all the new transfer guys step up and also get Thomas and Lovett more involved. We've got the WR talent on the field. They've just got to get honed in with the offensive schemes and Beck.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dillon Bell is so exciting to watch .

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Certainly the most weapons that UGA has had at wideout in a while. It will be interesting to see who steps up the most. Dom and Dillon are most proven at this point. Who after that? Colbie looks promising. Arian too, if he can reduce the number of drops he has had. I have not heard much this spring about London and Anthony, but their potential to grow is there. I look forward to seeing how the receiver room plays out.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m sure hoping that Arian can get it all together and become the player we’ve hoped he be. I’m not a coach or expert just a regular fan. But I think allot of Arian’s problems have been mental errors. It’s like when the ball is right at him he gets so excited thinking of running that he fails to reel the ball in and secure it Before he runs.

If he can get control on catching the ball and securing it he will be a Very Dangerous weapon !! It’d be So great if this is his year for a long awaited break out performance. Maybe so.
    There’s Tons and Tons of potential for Beck to throw to, some Really talented players. If they can just gel together the Dawgs Offense will be Very potent and Very hard to stop. Go Dawgs !!!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It would be nice to see his potential turn into actual consistent performance. I know he has worked hard and we are all rooting for him. However, their is another kid who is waiting in the wings with explosive speed and he may be the answer for this team to take the top off.

Our offense could be more explosive since the defense cannot really key on any one person. Beck is very accurate with a quick release and a great offensive line. Adding Etienne and him being complemented with Paul and Frazier who both can catch the ball out of the backfield is going to make for a very potent offense.

I don't think their is a team in the country who can stop us this year. Our defense will be much better than people think. Just need to win those first few games to get the newbies (new starters) comfortable. I'm not concerned at this stage - very very optimistic.