Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Improbable Georgia basketball NIT run ends in 84-67 loss to Seton Hall

SystemSystem Posts: 10,466 admin
edited April 2 in Article commenting
imageImprobable Georgia basketball NIT run ends in 84-67 loss to Seton Hall

Georgia basketball came one game short of making NIT history, the Bulldogs falling 84-67 to No. 1 seed Seton Hall.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The season in a nutshell right there. Maybe a step in the right direction, but I can’t and won’t get my hopes up.

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good run Dawgs! Gives Coach something to recruit on.

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

A good run and certainly some big positives from this season! Still have plenty of work to do and figuring out how to close out games, Biut all in all some spark and life back in the program. Now let’s get to work on player retention so we don’t have to rebuild completely from the portal.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 3

I see a Program on an upswing curve...not a spike. The thing that gives me hope, is that they improved throughout the season. They just didn't improve enough, mentally. There were more talented and deeper teams throughout the SEC at the beginning of the season...but, that wasn't the case at the end...IMO. There was only one or two SEC teams that completely outplayed the Dawgs.

Shooting was UGA's “Achilles” Heel Tuesday night. Thats usually a result of playing tight...like White was referencing in the 2nd half. Only...I believe they were tight from the get-go. He needs to find a way to approach "the Big Game" that keeps em loose...but, with an edge. Tricky.

UGA had the “open” shots...but, missed em. Meaning Mike taught these guys how to play the game and had em in the right spots…they just didn't execute at the basket. They didn't look like the same team I saw in the first few games. If they could've made 20-30% more of their shots…which isn't asking for much...they would've been "right there" in the end. Which is all you can ask for.

Menendez was cold with uncharacteristically “sloppy” handling. That's just an example. They all played like that, throughout the game....which has NOT been their MO, this year.

IMO...Tightness led to uncharacteristic mistakes and poor shooting early....which in turn effected their confidence, which led to panic, forced shots and passes.…and, eventually, embarrassment. There's a definite “lesson” to be learned by all involved...including Mike White.

If White's track record proves true...the Dawgs will make a leap, from this year to next. I would bet they make the NCAA Tournament field, next year. I expect most of this group to return [particularly the Freshmen], plus the "Collective" will add a few pieces.

White is young...and still learning, himself. In fact…you never stop learning, if you aren't complacentand and satisfied. As long as he's honest with himself during his postseason evaluations...he'll get better and they'll get better.

White is the first UGA Basketball Head Coach, I've been able to "get behind", in a long time. I like where he's taking em. As long as we see improvement...I see no reason to complain. Eventually, they'll get to the top.

"Brick by brick, my citizens. Brick by brick.".....Go Dawgs.

• Options
    DawgNoleDawgNole Posts: 17 ✭ Freshman

An embarrassing/disappointing finish to a season that had begun to look hopeful in recent weeks. Dawgs were owned in the first half—appearing way out of their league vs a team that came in having lost more than half as many games as it won. Hopefully the talent level can be improved before next season.

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

“The Bulldogs showed they could compete with Seton Hall, as they tied the Pirates 42-42 in the second half.”

So the Dawgs went on a 17-0 run to start the second half? I must’ve missed that part in the recap.