Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia tailback Branson Robinson: ‘Don’t worry about the timeline, you’re gonna know I’m back’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,472 admin
edited April 12 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia tailback Branson Robinson: ‘Don’t worry about the timeline, you’re gonna know I’m back’

ATHENS — Branson Robinson won’t play in the G-Day Game, but the third-year tailback made it clear when he is healthy enough to play, everyone will know it.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 478 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited April 12

with the updated version of the O line along with the passing of Beck, the RBs just might have a break out year. If B-Rob is looking for 1000+ yards he just might be thinking of portal opportunities where his Carrys might increase Thus maybe why he isn’t playing in G-day due to his conversations with the coaching staff about transfer opportunities

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The UGA way is to not rush guys back from injury. Depth usually allows for players to take their time getting fully healthy before returning. Brock Bowers was the exception here considering how critical he was to the success of the offense/team. Hopefully CKS learned his lesson about putting irreplaceable guys in risky positions in games they are not needed to win.

Considering, UGA has seven 4+* RB's (plus Cash Jones) the team will be thin at RB in an important game one/early season. The UGA disciplinary handbook calls for a 2 game suspension for ETN. BRob may be making great progress in his rehab but expecting him to carry a big load early is unrealistic. He will not and shouldn't be rushed back. Three RB's are freshmen in their 1st game. Based on who they have recruited (mostly from GA) and how they looked in their Spring Game, Clemson looks to have one of the top D's in the country. Can you imagine how many times Clemson will blitz with freshmen RB's protecting CBeck in game 1? That leaves RRob and APaul (and walk on CJones) as the only experienced RB's that will be ready for action vs Clemson in game 1. That's thin.

Hopefully, CKS's practices won't cause any more attrition at the RB position prior to the start of the season (like last year).

Interesting note. Watched the MO spring game last night. MO doesn't tackle AT ALL in their spring game. Also watched Darris Smith closely. He played the whole game and was active. The announcer's were raving about him and he was listed at 6'5" 250 lb.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gotta love Branson’s attitude !! I think he’ll be back the earliest that Ron Courson deems him ready. Kirby could use Dillon Bell as both RB and WR if they taylor his snaps right.

Can’t think of their names having brain cramp, but don’t we have two freshmen ? They could be used on the more simplistic pure run plays where their not required to block or catch the ball. I think we’ll be OK if we can get past the early games with no further injuries.

Branson is a Beast when he’s healthy. Both Robinsons are Beasts for that matter !! Cash Jones is a good player and more experienced now. Also hoping to see Andrew Paul build on his potential to. Please no more Off field idiocy !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 935 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

First and foremost in tomorrows spring game, I'm focused on who and how many of our D-Line will step up and be "Havoc makers and train wreckers" but a close second will be the "no name" RB's….starting with senior LenNeth Whitehead, Mr Reliable, Cash Jones, R-So Jacob Hardie, R-So Brandon Mathis, Fr Chauncey Bowen….next, who and how many WR's make a statement….as I fully expect our offense to be 60/40 pass/run……Arian and Colby promise to please!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hello there my Brother !! I can tell your pumped up and ready for G Day !! Me to !! I agree with all of what you said but in particular like you I’m very interested in what we’ll see from the Defensive Front. Also I’m hoping Gunner Stockton will shine bright to. Of course I want Beck to do really well as our Offense is centered around him. Should be exciting and interesting !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,410 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 12

I Don't think they're gonna have to look any further than Roderick Robinson, to find the 2024 "feature back" and workhorse...if that's what Bobo and Smart are looking for. The rest can give him a series off from time to time. Evans and Bell are outstanding change-of-pace backs, capable of blocking and/or providing Beck with an elite receiver option, out of the backfield. And, I wouldn't sell Aaron Paul short, either. He's a ball'er., too.

B-Rob and ETN are just whipped cream on the Sundae...nice to have, but, not necessary. Lol. When they do get in there...we're gonna witness one of the best UGA Backfields, since “2017”....plus an NFL-ready Quarterback behind a generational offensive line.

Unstoppable!...is how I see the '24 Dawgs. IF...injuries don't cause “a” major disruption.

There are so many things Bobo can do with the available talent, that it's almost embarrassing. I wouldn't get wrapped around the "label axle". These guys aren't just RB's, DB's, TE's and WR's.…they are "Football Players".

A “feller” can line up at the TE position...but, is he performing the traditional duties of a tight end?...or, does he perform more like a running back or wide receiver?...[i.e., Brock Bowers and Oscar Delp]. If you have the quantity of quality skill players that UGA has...you find a way to get em on the field. Dang the labels. The only label you need, is "Football Player".

As with most elite “military” units...they cross-train to increase their value to "the team", in Smarts system. For that reason, among others, I'm not worried about any particular position group, on the offensive side of the ball.

All that being said...I can't wait, to see a healthy R-Rob, B-Rob, Ettienne, Paul, Bell, Jones and Evans, take the field...all with fire in their eyes from "the hunger". That's gonna be special. Kinda like Charlie Condon “on” the UGA Baseball Team.

Everybody...[including the backs recruited by Smart]...knows that, RB's & WR's don't see the field at UGA, till they learn to block on the perimeter and pick up the blitz, without “fail.” Consistency wins the day and the job. They KNOW that.

I guarantee, they start working on their blocking skills and Football IQ, as soon as they accept an offer from UGA. They are given instructions on "what to work on", along with drills to run, before they ever set foot on campus [homework, so to speak]. These guys are professionals, by the time they complete their “Freshman” season.

If the RB Room is truly elite...they can learn that skill in less than a year, if they focus and apply themselves. IMO…that drive to succeed in picking up the blitz and downfield blocking, is in a UGA RB's DNA. Always has been. Why would that change now?...under THIS HC of all coaches. “Lol”

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Branson is an absolute beast. No, UGA will not clear him until he’s ready. The injury occurred in preseason last year. He will be fully cleared soon and should be absolutely ready to go full speed when fall camp comes around.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I love our running backs. All of them. I think the guys who have been here a year or 2 have been disrespected by all of the media, including on Dawgnation.

This group is a strength, even without Ettienne coming in. Its like oh, they got injured last year so now they are basically irrelevant in 2024. All RB's get hurt. That is like saying well Chubb got hurt, we cannot count on him next year, or Gurley or Swift, whoever. Oh, he had some issues with this that kept him out the last several games so write him off basically, put him at the bottom of the depth chart.

Its new school thinking, its what have you done yesterday, not wow when this guy comes back he can really be good, really good. I do not get the mentality.

These guys are among the best in the nation. Injuries happen. Then they come back, usually stronger than before.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like his attitude and enthusiasm. Go Dawgs!