Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football flashes offensive explosiveness, playmakers abound in G-Day Game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,478 admin
edited April 13 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football flashes offensive explosiveness, playmakers abound in G-Day Game

ATHENS — Georgia didn’t have its ‘A’ game at G-Day, but the Bulldogs certainly showed they have plenty of playmakers on offense.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MikeGriffith great read Mike, well done !! Looking forward to Sept. !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All I can say is…Wow!...very impressive. And, imagine...they'll be even more impressive at the end of Fall Camp.

I saw 2 All-Star Teams on the field, today. Team 1A and Team 1B.…either of which, could win 10+ games, this year. When you pick and choose the pieces you want off of each of those 2 Teams....what do you have? An NFL-Quality football team or unparalleled CFB All-Star Team.

IMO…Kirby's vision for UGA Football, is finally, being realized. The factory is in full production mode. Lol

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Spring Game is always difficult to tell from Statistics and you are really looking to see great plays from all side of the ball.

I'll be honest. If I hadn't seen Beck's performance last year, I'd be very concerned right now. Not because of the ball tips or dropped passes but many of his passes were way, way off. I'd understand if he was over compensating with 3rd and 4th string players in there, but a majority of his passes were to his 1st string players. Am I worried? No, not necessarily and he absolutely showed what he was capable of in that final drive, but it was just startling to see from basically the Top QB in the Nation playing for the Top team in the Nation.

I was VERY impressed with Stockton's performance and felt that he did better than I remember Vandagriff doing last year. He wasn't perfect and made some mistakes but he also made some smart throw-aways and that deep pass at the end of the game was a beauty and should've been caught.

Anyway, I was very happy that Smart allowed the QBs to throw and there was a lot of great stuff to watch. Lots to work on, I'm sure, but I'm feeling pretty good going into our first game with Clemson.

• Options

I hate to bring negativity into a other wise positive theme. But once again ESPN showed their Obvious bias. If you have ESPN on your cable or satellite tv you just go to the regular channel and watch the Bama A Day game. That’s the way it’s been pretty much Every year that I know of.

But with the UGA game you have to go through a bunch of hoopla. I Tried hard to see the game but nope no cigar. Thx ESPN for your fairness and lack of bias ( Yes total sarcasm).🙄 One Bama fan commented How dare UGA have their spring game the same day as us !! I hope we utterly Destroy Bama @ Bama !! Go Dawgs !!!

• Options

Lol...if I could VOTE UP 10 times...I'd do it. Completely agree with your negativity. 🤣

Go Dawgs! Nothing to worry about, here. Winning is Fun, aint it boyz? Just keep the gyro spinning.

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

20 to 20? Mike April Fools Day was the 1st.

• Options

Thx my Brother !! The only way to break the bias is go in there and stomp them, then repeat the next time we play them and continue in a loop !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options

You mean, like…"Wash, Rinse, Repeat". Lol...how many cycles do you think it'll take, to "wash that bias right out of their hair"? ESPN is a lost cause, IMO. They have over-reached, in their attempt to reel in a larger audience...by abandoning the true sports fan's interests in favor of more fluff pieces and incompetent, but popular analysts and commentators.

There needs to be another option for sports, in general...but, specifically, to enjoy watching the Bulldogs run a CFB Clinic on the Country. They just can't seem to get over Alabama and past the questionable investment they made in Nick Saban. Competition breeds excellence.

Go Dawgs…killer of Frogs, Dogs, Hogs....Elephants, Tigers & Gators. The Junkyard Dawg has maimed and pillaged everything that's walked, crawled, swam or flew….at one time or another. Now, they're aimin' to lay em all to rest. Lol...Kirby said it best, in 2021.....

"We're not preparing to beat somebody…We're preparing to beat everybody"____/Kirby Smart

• Options

@BigDawg61 Amen to All you said !! Truthfully I doubt there’s any fixing ESPN. What they really need as you stated and I certainly agree, is some Real competition in the market.

Tickle the snot out of me if some Billionaire or two decided to take them on and do away with the bias. To ESPN it’s ALWAYS in no particular order Bama, Michigan, Ohio St. , Notre Dame. Florida used to be in there but they got on to big of a losing trend to over come. You’d think they’d give up on Notre Dame but so far Nope their still in there but not as strong as those others.

Probably wishful thinking on my part but I had hoped that if we could beat Bama enough over time maybe just Maybe they’d have more coverage of our Dawgs. I’ll tell you another “sports news” outlet that drools over those same teams, that’s Bleacher Report.

Every once in a great while they’ll have something about the Dawgs, usually something negative !! Dawgs have just gotta dominate and Force media to pay them attention !!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We've got a lot of NFL players on that field. Half that team will be in the pros.

It really is remarkable the amount of talent out there.

I was very impressed by the defense and that is without a healthy TID or Malaki Starks. This team is going to be he double hockey sticks on other teams. BTW our offensive line looks massive all the way down to the 3 deep.