Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What social media is saying about Georgia football following 2024 G-Day

SystemSystem Posts: 10,473 admin
edited April 14 in Article commenting
imageWhat social media is saying about Georgia football following 2024 G-Day

ATHENS — Traditionally, the winner of Georgia’s spring game is treated to a dinner of steak and lobster. The loser receives beans and weenies.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 14

Have there ever been a tie at G Day before? I can’t recall one and can’t find any stats about it.

I actually just found the overall W-L-T record. Red leads Black 43-32-4 counting the tie yesterday.

• Options
    RomeDawg288RomeDawg288 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Red team would have had a TD instead of FG in opening drive. Bad misque by referee wiped out a spectacular TD reception by Dillon Bell that replay would have reversed (no replay reviews for G-Day). Score doesn't reflect it, but Red team the winner in my mind - I personally wanted a 2 pt try!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 14

Unlike Fall/Winter practices and scrimmages....the Focus during Spring is individual growth, improving Football IQ and last but not least...Competion. The scoreboard is irrelevant [for the most part], given the “constraints” and purpose of a Spring Scrimmage.

If the Focus of yesterday's game was individual effort and elite competion....I'd “say” mission accomplished.

What should please every Dawg Fan, is that...the gap between the 1st team & 2nd team has narrowed to the point, it's hard to tell the difference.

IMO...Each year, for the last 3 or 4 years...the "talent/experience gap" between the 1st, 2nd & 3rd teams has narrowed slightly....without sacrificing the UGA Standard. Amazing! This year...might be the biggest “leap” for a 2nd team, year-over-year, that I've ever seen....including Saban's Bama.

Kirby has the stew on full “simmer,” in Athens. It'll take a lot of force to knock em off their game. More "force", than I see any team on their schedule, being capable of producing.

A farmer, rotates crops to ensure good quality soil for growth....and, Kirby rotates players for the same reason. I said early last year...that Kirby was using the first several games of 2023 to build 2024's O-line and Defense, by playing and subbing liberally. Of course, injuries “also” provided some unexpected growth opportunities for the Fr and So..

Consider this...<knock on wood>...2024 could be the first year, since Kirby has been in Athens, that UGA takes the field..."Completely Healthy", for Game 1. Talk about dangerous! Lol...every HC on their schedule is “sweating” a very physical Dawg Pack, looking for some payback.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawg61

Your best post,ever!