Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart updates Georgia quarterback position as transfer portal window looms large

SystemSystem Posts: 10,490 admin
edited April 15 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart updates Georgia quarterback position as transfer portal window looms large

ATHENS — Georgia got a long look at quarterback Gunner Stockton on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 15

The cream of the QB non-SEC crop has already transferred and been picked up by other teams. However, Ohio State has several 4 & 5 star guys in the wings - junior Devin Brown, sophomore Lincoln Kienholz, and true freshmen Julian Sayin and Air Noland. Brown is battling out the starting job with Will Howard (the K State transfer). They both looked pretty equal and impressive during the Spring. I wouldn't be surprised if one or maybe two of these guys hit the portal.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Repeat piece. Already read it all from DN.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This article is a reprise.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 15

Hard to see a highly-credentialed QB hitting the portal for Georgia, where he's essentially third in line. But stranger things have happened… with Gunner not exactly nipping at Carson's heels, a confident dude who understands the value of Georgia development and championship prospects this year and beyond might figure he has a decent shot next year (or sooner if Carson gets banged up). That said, I do think one of Gunner's biggest weapons— his ability to run and extend plays, where he flourished in HS— put him at a real disadvantage to display his skill set on G-Day. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited April 16

"With Gunner not exactly nipping at Carson's heels, a confident dude who understands the value of Georgia development and championship prospects this year and beyond might figure he has a decent shot next year (or sooner if Carson gets banged up). "

Beck may be a long way from being pushed out of the starting gig (which is a good thing in my eyes) but I don't think that translates to Gunnar being in a precarious position. Granted, he'll have to win the job when his turn comes, but I think he's the clear heir-apparent at QB. And I think he's looked pretty good both in game time during the second half of the bowl and during the G Day game.