Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

How Go-to Guy Dominic Lovett leading Georgia receivers with toughness, team mentality

SystemSystem Posts: 10,489 admin
edited April 19 in Article commenting
imageHow Go-to Guy Dominic Lovett leading Georgia receivers with toughness, team mentality

ATHENS — Dominic Lovett served notice he’s ready to be Carson Beck’s “Go-to” guy on Saturday, but the second-year transfer from Missouri can be so much more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think of him as our most dependable possession receiver, followed by Bell. IIRC, he had very few dropped balls. Biggest question to me is how well he can get open against excellent secondaries (e.g. Clemson, Texas).

He may have had trouble when Bama's stellar DBs were able to focus on him. But that really didn't happen very often last year — 54 receptions ain't nothing to sneeze at.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 383 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don’t really think about a personal leap, as long as we as a team win and make strides every day, I’m good,” Lovett said. “It’s a team sport, and it’s not really about me. My personal goals - I don’t really have any.

“I’m just hoping we as a team can keeping working and keep fighting.”

This is the kind of attitude needed to win championships.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think we all knew that certainly the potential was there with Lovett. He gave Dawgs a hard time when he was still at Mizzou. Now I think his potential is about to be realized !!

I’m hoping that we’ll see RaRa ramp up his game as well. RaRa has been hampered by injuries along the way. These are two veteran players that can be of Huge help to win another Natty if their A game is there.
    Hoping that Arian Smith has got his confidence up and is getting past the dropsies. He to could be of great help if that’s the case. Dillon Bell is a Beast !! If Colbie Young keeps developing he to can be of great help. Several others. To me the potential is very positive.

With our TE’s and hopefully Enteinne being able to catch the ball coming out of the backfield, should give opposing defenses a fit !! We’ll see…….. Go Dawgs !!