Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

As Georgia looks for quarterback help in transfer portal, Jaden Rashada checks a lot of boxes

2»

Comments

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Here’s a box: I’m willing to be developed and wait for the opportunity to play. Does he check this box?

Here’s another box: team success is the most important thing to me. Does he check this box?

🤷‍♂️

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't believe this is necessarily about anything long range for CKS. He wants all of his bases covered. He thinks outside the box. He knows that he has a really good team, but what if CB goes down, and what if GS did too? WHat then? Take your chances with a newbie or plug in a guy that was highlly recruited with SOME playing experience? Makes perfect sense to me. If he decides to stay around, he probably would feel that he was better than whoever was here and could beat them out. If the other QB's see he's better than them, probably only GS would move on, although he claims he's staying thick or thin. Everything will shakeout after this year one way or the other.

I mean, there's loyalty and there's playing the guy that gives you the best chance to win. Hypothetically, I don't see it happening, but if perchance this guy came to UGA and beat out GS and Puglisi next year, would you be OK with that? Would you trust in Kirby? I was not for starting SB over JT. I was totally wrong, too.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

While he may check the box athletically I really don’t feel he checks the culture box. Not sure he is a team-first guy and the mess he created at Florida says much about him and his camp.
    Most on here have said it as well - just doesn’t seem like a Georgia system, team-first guy.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Why would he come here if he wants to play? Only way is if Beck goes down with our OL. Maybe he comes in. Come here to be 3rd string? Injuries happen and that would be his hope.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 19

There are a few reasons he would come to UGA. 1) It's UGA. Successful program, compete daily against the best in the country, one of the highest profile QB positions in the country, win, playoffs, etc etc.. 2) He has confidence he can win the #2 spot in '24. Many QB's will get hurt playing CFB in '24. He feels he could be next man up in '24. And, most importantly, 3) he has confidence that a year in the system would put him in prime position to be the starter in '25. Being in the system for a whole year would trump any TP QB or incoming freshman. W/3 years of eligibility remaining. Then, in '25, it is mano a mano vs GStockton for the big prize. Where is a better situation for him?

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited April 20

In the news today: "Arizona State received four years of probation, an undisclosed fine, vacated games in which ineligible players competed, reduced scholarships and recruiting restrictions. The NCAA did not provide further details about any of those punishments. The school also disassociated from a booster for five years. The NCAA acknowledged the school had self-imposed a one-year bowl ban last season. The Sun Devils will be eligible for a bowl in 2024." On Herm Edwards' watch.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As much I like Gunner and Pugs, for both their skills and commitment, I agree with your points. And as long as he checks out the Kirby character test, Georgia is surely considering the same thing. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    rxerdawgrxerdawg Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

Based on the experience at Florida, I think UGA would run the risk of his jumping ship if a: he doesn't get to start and/or b: a better NIL deal comes along. I am sure that there are many good players who would gladly come to UGA and adopt the "Team First" culture that Coach Smart teaches.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"Florida is under NCAA investigation a year after a failed name, image and likeness deal worth more than $13 million with former signee Rashada. Rashada signed with Florida last December only to be granted his release a month later after his NIL deal fell through. He later signed with Arizona State. "

And now ASU is under NCAA investigation.

Rashada seems to be followed by trouble everywhere he goes. We don't need the kind of cr@p that seems to come with his presence.