Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia practicing to beat everybody in 2024, Kirby Smart championship season rant resonates

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited April 21 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia practicing to beat everybody in 2024, Kirby Smart championship season rant resonates

ATHENS — Georgia coach Kirby Smart’s epic postgame rant launched a national championship mindset in 2021, and it holds true today.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 21

Winning ALL the games in regular season is imperative. Underline that three times. But winning those early challenges Clemson, Bama, and don’t take Kentucky for granted is Ultra, Ultra imperative. Why ? To help build team confidence, And those will be extreme enough challenges to build Quality experience.

Let’s face it you don’t gain much Quality experience by blowing some cupcake out. Yeah that allows some backups that hardly ever get in the game to go in and get at least Some experience. But it’s of little value to your starters, your veteran players.

Clemson and Bama and really you can throw in Kentucky will help build Quality experience and boost confidence. Our Dawgs can ill afford to lose any of those games. Actually even a very close win ( by 7 points or less) will be very concerning. If our Dawgs win those three games comfortably I will feel much more confident about the season.

I don’t know how stout their defense is ( their touted by media as being very good) but Arch Manning tore it up on the TX Spring game. I have Tons of faith in our Dawgs but I hope they will heed KS and give every ounce of good Work that they can.

This Dawgs team has Tons and Tons of potential, but they need to work really hard, learn from their coaches and the reps they get, and go out and transition that potential into reality vs opponents. The mantra will be Dominate each and every opponent. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll just add Kirby's new line… "with bad intentions." Go Dawgs!

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As a side note, Kirby needs to go on a diet.

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

no room for error this year…

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 383 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As I now live in NC, I went to the UNC spring “game” Saturday. Oh my, what a difference to what I saw in “G-Day.” Basically, UNC’s spring game was a joke. Scheduled to start at 3 PM. Actually started at 3:35. In fact no players on field at 3:00.

First 10 minutes of game involved no tackling. Actually sort of like the UNC defense has done in real games recently. Then no keeping score. Mack Brown announcing to the slim crowd things like “we’re going to try a field goal now.” No intensity at all.

Kirby is so much better organized. I now understand why UNC played like they did against NC State last season. There’s no discipline or intensity present at UNC.

Thankful we have a real football coach at UGA.

• Options

jdatl3 - you should see the tool shed on Mack Brown. 🫤

• Options

Hey Bro. If you don’t mind my asking where in NC ? Just curious. My wife I live in GA just two miles if that much below the GA/NC state line here in the mountains. Love it !! Our Dawgs are hungry for another Natty. I think their gonna be very good and great by regular season end. They’ll be right in the mix I’m confident of that. Best wishes to you and your family at your new home. God Bless !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options

navy dawg - I am near Raleigh. Thanks for your well wishes. Same to you and yours. Go Dawgs.

• Options

Been by there close but never actually there. Hope life is Great for you and family !!