Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

NFL Draft brings the NIL vs. development recruiting battle to the forefront for Kirby Smart

SystemSystem Posts: 10,479 admin
edited April 22 in Article commenting
imageNFL Draft brings the NIL vs. development recruiting battle to the forefront for Kirby Smart

ATHENS — This week is supposed to be a celebration of the Georgia football program. The Bulldogs and Kirby Smart will send another bushel of draft prospects off to the NFL, with as many as 11 possibly getting drafted.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

the near future will bring one Bear Alexander to every Jalen Walker. I guess the idea will be mixing a team with Walkers and Lovetts. I remember my desire to be a fan of professional sports started waining with free agency, to a point now that I do not follow any team. One of the main reasons is following players development and success. I guess I’m wired to care for the person more than the program. Here’s hoping the power G can keep us old folks tuned in each and every Saturday GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

The NCAA, Conferences, what ever organizations rule college athletics going forward, need to take an NFL approach where rookies/freshman are capped so that as athletes progress in college so that NIL is based on experience & production not on a highly subjective & inconsistent “star” rating system. Athletes should start going thru a “College Combine” before there JR & SR years similar to the NFL Combine allowing for a true evaluation of a players skill. There can be a huge difference in a 5-star athlete playing 7A HS football in AL, GA, TX, FL, etc… vs a 5-Star playing 1A in a state with less competition. Grade them across the same metrics & then 247, Rivals, & ESPN’s rating systems may carry some validity.