Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia lands quarterback Jaden Rashada out of transfer portal

SystemSystem Posts: 10,483 admin
edited April 25 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia lands quarterback Jaden Rashada out of transfer portal

Kirby Smart at last has his fourth quarterback, as Arizona State transfer Jaden Rashada announced he would be transferring to Georgia.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Welcome aboard!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting how Rashada was previously focused on shiny objects/NIL, and now seems to be adjusting that focus to longer term goals of winning championships and developing for the League… while Miller is doing just the opposite. Oh well, to each his own. Welcome to the Georgia culture, Mr. Rashada. Time to get to work, push yourself as a student athlete, become a great teammate, and pursue your full potential… do those things in Athens, and you'll realize what a great decision you've made. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with Brooksie. Hope Gunner means what he says. Rashada is a very good QB. Mobile too from what I hear. We'll see how this progresses….Kirby now has his 4th scholarship QB. I'd like to know a bit more about this walk-on Kirby praises so highly?

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And the beat goes on…love the competition that Rashada will bring. I suspect he expects to be the starting QB next season and will compete ferociously for the job. Stockton has improved and I expect him to likewise stick by his word and compete. Like I said ad nauseum previously and STILL believe, neither Stockton nor Puglisi may ever be the starting QB for the Bulldogs (unless possibly if Beck gets injured this season).

This should be fun to watch…especially next Spring. Kirby has his transfer QB and may now have his starting QB for 2025.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You are correct. I think he has a state title also. From perry, ga. Had scholarship offers but came to uga instead. Like reshada, needs to bulk up in the weight room.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I watched the OSU spring game. OSU has a transfer QB w/34 games experience in the Big12, 2 holdover QB's (1 flirted w/starting last year and 1 was a high 4* recruit), and 2 freshmen 5* QB recruits.

My point is that in major CFB there is competition at every position including QB. UGA's QB room situation is no different than OSU or AL or MS or TX or any top program.

GS is where he wants to be to compete to become a starting QB. Right now, GS is pretty far ahead of Rashada for QB2. He needs to work on his command of the O and his accuracy. How fast Rashada progresses in the UGA system will determine the '25 QB pecking order. The '25 QB battle will be an interesting battle to watch.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 25

If Rashada beats out Stockton for the job ( barring injuries) he.will Not be a very good QB, he will be a Great QB. Stockton will be in his fourth year as a SEC QB and his third year at UGA by then.

Gunner was a very, very good QB out of HS. Broke all sorts of his school’s records and Georgia 2A records. IF Rashada proves to be the better QB over Both Stockton & Puglisi so be it, as I said I’m a team first guy.

But being “pretty good” won’t get him past Gunner or maybe even Pugs, he will need to be Great. Better than Carson Beck when that time comes in my humble opinion.

P.S. Plus as the current #2 QB Gunner will get the lion’s share of any “backup” snaps This year. Puglisi and Rashada will get what ever is left over. Yes it’s possible but not very probable that either of them or both could beat Gunner out as the #2 guy This year but if that happens I would be completely and totally shocked !! I don’t see it happening.

There for again in my humble opinion because he will have had the majority of snaps in the UGA system, is a very good QB in his own right, and is noted by KS for being a very hard worker in practices, I’m pretty confident Gunner will be the starting QB in 2025.

Could be wrong, have been before, but I’d be pretty surprised. Another P.S. Gunner went against SEC defenses when he was a FR at South Carolina, giving him another slight edge.

• Options
    busterchapbusterchap Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Colter Ginn performs really, really well on the scout team and the coaches make note of it he could possibly push those above him for a slot. Stets was a walk on. Ginn has a pretty impressive HS resume and Allot of Div 2 schools were courting him.

Even FSU was eyeing him pretty hard as he went to Two camps with the Noles. He’s no slouch, put it that way. Obviously he must have faith in his abilities to turn down scholarships to be a PWO at UGA.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jaden Reshada…."Smart guy"…..no pun intended……just made a win/win decision that will only raise his QB stock, he improves our QB room with experienced competition and gains for himself SEC experience, tempered by the best practice experience and game experience in the nation……Jaden will get game snaps……as will Gunner and later in the year Pugs, hopefully because Beck/RB's, WR's &TE's quickly put games away by the half. Stockton is The DAWG after Beck but who knows…..I echo the opinion….If Reshada beats out Stockton this year for #2, he's one hell of a QB!

• Options
    gafanlivinginalgafanlivinginal Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is a bad move for GA-he is tainted goods after that debacle with FL. Thinking he was worth $13 million as a freshman? Talk about arrogance!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm going to withhold comment until he officially signs and actually shows up for fall practice. Nothing against the kid personally, because I don't know him. But I've just gotten to the point where I don't trust anything or anyone anymore when it comes to promises and commitments and the like, whether it's from incoming freshmen or highly touted transfers. Let's just see who's on the roster when toe meets leather in August against Clemson.

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Gunner was a freshman at South Carolina???? Did I read your post correctly?

• Options
    jackbmattjackbmatt Posts: 122 ✭✭✭ Junior

So if you and your family were offered $13m when you were 18 you'd have turned it down I guess. Right. He may well be arrogant, but let's give him a chance. If he's a bad apple, he won't last at Georgia.

• Options
    NikosZorbaNikosZorba Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman
    edited April 25

Not a very good move only to be #4 on the QB depth chart. The guy is looking for a high paying NIL gig to promote himself. Arizona State couldn’t afford him and Florida was a scam. Georgia is his third school in two years, what makes you think he’ll stay in Athens? He’s played only 3 games and sat out the rest of the season with “undisclosed injuries.” Sure he may show flashes of talent but he’s not consistent or durable. How can anyone say he’s the next big thing for Georgia with zero experience and a history of injuries. The current QBs have nothing to worry about except for all the distractions and issues Rashada brings to team unity.

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gunner never went to South Carolina. He was committed there when Bobo was their offensive coordinator, but decomitted when Bobo left.