Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Nick Saban calls out Amarius Mims selection, says Mims took himself out of SEC championship game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,491 admin
edited April 25 in Article commenting
imageNick Saban calls out Amarius Mims selection, says Mims took himself out of SEC championship game

Alabama head coach Nick Saban had some questions about the selection of Amarius Mims in the first round of the 2024 NFL Draft.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wouldn't know...I don't watch any commentary off that network. If it wasn't for this article staring me in the face...I would've gone on, blissfully...not knowing or caring...what Mr Sour **** had on his mind. He's gettin' senile, anyway. Ain't it obvious? Lol

I bet, he started the Nakobe Dean "injury rumor" in '22 and the Jalen Carter "attitude narrative", last year. I don't trust him or his opinion, when it comes to the Dawgs.

All I need to know, is...."What does Kirby think?".

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 26

Real simple Nick, there were better players ahead of Mims……KS only plays those who give The Dawgs the best chance to win and in the SECC, Mims was injured/recovering from surgery with the NFL in his future, I'm surprised he lasted 15 plays……only question that remains is why did you up and walk out on The Tide???? Was it you saw the future and you felt this was as winning as you were ever going to get???

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 384 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What does this Saban guy do for a lliving?

• Options

Right on the Gthe Greek! The guys who played ahead of Mims his first 2 seasons are starters in the NFL. Mims will be a starter in the NFL as well. Yes, I’m biased, but I think Mims is probably better than several of those tackles drafted ahead of him. Of course, we’ll have to wait and see how it goes for all these draftees.

I will give Nick credit for acknowledging that Bowers is probably the best player in the draft. It’s semi-amazing to me that Bo Nix was drafted ahead of Brock Bowers.

• Options
    wpony714wpony714 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's a travesty to think, despite all the reasons why, that Nix would go earlier than Brock.

• Options
    UGADawgUGADawg Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

Of course Satan said this. He certainly didn’t want the narrative being that while Mims was in the game we were dominating his defense.

• Options

The Falcons should let the kid picking Barley for a pickup basketball game in the commercial make their draft picks.

• Options
    ConcernedConcerned Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

I could be wrong...but I do not think Nick says those things unless he heard them from Kirby.

• Options
    GramsterGramster Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Didn't Nick recruit Mims?

• Options
    Ugagolf80Ugagolf80 Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

Didn't he just QUIT? He "took himself out" of his career, didn't he? Take a seat, little Nicky.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 26

You should've stuck to the aflac commercials Nicky..

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 28

I think the Falcons use a Dart Board or Roulette Wheel to make their picks. Makes as much sense as any.…based on their pick history.

So far....UGA players have been pretty lucky...in that, the Dart or Wheel never landed on one of em. Till the unlucky, Mr. Schaffer was picked, in '22. And….a couple of other "Unfortunate One's", followed suit, since.

The former Dawgs that signed with em over the years....can't help, but, make the Falcons a better team. Lol…though, I hear Schaffer escaped...good for him!.

Lol