Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football sees 8 selected, retains NFL draft record for most selections in a single draft

SystemSystem Posts: 10,526 admin
edited April 27 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football sees 8 selected, retains NFL draft record for most selections in a single draft

The Georgia football team only had two players drafted on Saturday, with Sedrick Van Pran coming off the board with pick No. 141 and Zion Logue landing with the Atlanta Falcons at pick No. 197.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thank goodness for the Eagles! [If you'd have told me I'd say that at any time in my life, up to a couple years ago, I'd have called you crazy :)] Glad Milton is getting to go spend time with some of the UGA NFL brotherhood.

This was one of my least favorite drafts in recent memory. While I'm happy for all the drafted dawgs, as well as those likely to sign post-draft deals in the next few days, the mix of teams and players was mostly a disappointment. Brock to the Raiders? It may take some meds, but I guess I can (with appropriate therapy) start rooting for LV… as Conner said, at least it's not the Jets. Outside the drafted Dawgs, Burton to my (former) hometown team of Cincinatti? This is going to kill me… Joe Burrow is a truly outstanding and UPstanding guy, and I perceive Burton to be the exact opposite. 🙄🤣

Well, at least we've got a great cadre to watch in the SEC this Fall!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OK I confess as many times as I’ve watched it I just don’t understand the NFL Draft. 🤪 I don’t get the thinking behind many of the picks. But I guess that’s why I’m not a highly paid exec in the NFL. 😀

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’m with you, navydawg. Bo Nix being drafted ahead of Brock Bowers sums up the whole fiasco. Simply impossible to comprehend. Talk about overthinking it.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You want the best team? Well … draft the best players! Who was the best football player in the country? That would be Brock Bowers. Even little Nicky had to acknowledge that, which to his credit, he did on Thursday night before inappropriately trashing Amarius.