Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Amarius Mims responds to Nick Saban’s draft day criticism

SystemSystem Posts: 10,537 admin
edited April 28 in Article commenting
imageAmarius Mims responds to Nick Saban’s draft day criticism

Amarius Mims is a large man at 6-foot-8 and 340 pounds.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 363 ✭✭✭ Junior

Saban needs to realize he is not the coach at Bama anymore. Quit recruiting kids via ESPN to that school. Plus Saban was butt hurt when Mims chose UGA over Bama in high school.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mims response is perfect. Why should he care what a former college coach says about him? As a friend of mine said last Thursday night after little Nicky criticized Mims, “Saban just can’t control his Bama bias and jealousy of UGA.”

How many Nattys did Saban win the last three years? Kirby got two in that time frame.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Two words: Nick who?

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 142 ✭✭✭ Junior

Maybe Nicky could have been a little more consistent in his performance and he could be a retired NFL coach.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

MAYBE Saban didn't "know what he injured". But you can bet his assistants knew exactly which ankle Mims had surgery on and how to stress that ankle with stunts or just downright go after that injured joint with hits.

Alabama has been notorious for going after star players in big games. See Reuben Foster's targeting on Deshaun Watson's head in the '17 CFBCG or Dallas Turner's targeting hit on QB Quinn Ewers in '22. There are many others. Go back and look at Mims 15 plays and you will find hits to his legs by AL players.

• Options
    ChiefChief Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior

Saban is more and more irrelevant. I saw several players taken for their potential, does anyone suggest that Mims will not be a star and outstanding teammate. Shows , again, Saban's bias,,,you don't announce games very long with such. (Aaaaffllaakkk). Go Dawgs!

• Options
    JTM22JTM22 Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited April 29

players looking to transfer should take note of Mims. He could’ve left, gotten some more NIL, but by him staying, he became a Top 20 pick. He leaving would’ve done more harm to his draft stock IMO.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This ain't popular, but I don't care. But looking at that SECCG on TV I thought the same thing as Saban. I'm like, "Mims has already missed half the season and now, in the biggest game of the year, he's just out for no apparent reason." And before folks get all attitudinal about what I said, go back and read Kirby Smart's quotes about Mims' absence immediately after the game and the next day. Smart said that Mims told the coaches that he had some sort of injury (they didn't see it) and he (Mims) just felt like he couldn't go, and so he didn't. I remember reading that and thinking to myself, "Kirby Smart is pissed about this but he's being careful with his words." And, to my knowledge, Kirby never came back with a full explanation about the injury. Mims may turn out to have a Hall of Fame pro career but at this point, as an analystS and observer, Saban is absolutely correct to question the kids availability.