Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

How Georgia quarterback Carson Beck could gain millions with his return for the 2024 season

SystemSystem Posts: 10,538 admin
edited April 29 in Article commenting
imageHow Georgia quarterback Carson Beck could gain millions with his return for the 2024 season

ATHENS — Georgia quarterback Carson Beck stands to gain millions with his return to Athens if he and the Bulldogs have the sort of season many expect.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

Love our QB …but driving around in a Lambo is a little over the top.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who are the other five that are expected to be drafted in the first round next year?

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Neither Beck nor Stockton looked particularly sharp on G Day. New WR's but also all the practice reps with Puglisi hurt. Surprising for Beck who looked sharper in last yr's G Day game. Stockton needs a lot of practice to develop touch and improve accuracy.

Caught the Nebraska spring game. Raiola was extremely impressive. Looked like Carson Beck in '23 mid season form. He hit a couple bombs with very well thrown long balls. Would be interesting to see NE make the playoffs and have to play UGA.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UGADad20...agree with you. This season Carson can kick back and enjoy the fruits of his labor. He has no competition, and I think that's unfortunate. Complacency can set in no matter what he says in public. Gunner isn't near ready for prime time, and none of us know who will replace Beck next season. Spring practice in 2025 will be very competitive as it stands today for the starting QB slot.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The NFL is a QB driven league, per this years draft. A pick(Penix) many thought might fall into the 2nd round the Faclcons chose at 8? I'd say if CB puts up the numbers he should, he will be a top 10 pick, no problem. Main thing is stay healthy!

• Options

I would be surprised if CBeck isn't dialed in by 8/31. He is pretty cocky but CKS will let him know what is at stake. I think the team not making the playoff last season will light a fire under everybody. They will be ready to compete at their highest level. That is how this coaching staff is wired.

Last season CKS had training wheels on CBeck for the first 1/3 to 1/2 of the season. CKS is overly cautious w/his QB's until they prove they can consistently make good decisions. He learned his lesson w/how quickly SBIV could get "off the chain".

This season CBeck will be unleashed from day 1. CBeck has a chance to win the Heisman and be THE #1 NFL pick. I expect him to play as well as last year if not better. Certainly he is preparing to bring his best.

But it was surprising how he looked on G Day. He looked like he did 2 years ago and not like last season. I look forward to watching GS play and develop. It will be nice to have a duel threat QB again. But his accuracy and touch are well behind where it needs to be to compete for a championship. Work needed. Work in progress.

Check out the NE spring game on the BIG10 network . I don't think the ball hit the ground in the 1st half while Raiola was the QB (excpt for a D PI play and a deliberate throw away).

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 30

@UGADad20…Yes, I do think Beck will be ready. He'd better be with this season's brutal schedule.

I don't get the BIG10 Network, so I can't see the NE game. It wouldn't surprise me about Raiola. I hope he brings NE back to being a contender. I posted a while ago about Arch Manning @ Texas. The guy played lights out in the Spring game and was 19/26 (including a 75 yard completed pass on the first play), 355 yards, and a couple of TDs. (4) of those incompletions were passes that hit the receiver's hands and were dropped. He's going to challenge Ewers this season.

There are new guys out there that are good enough to start on a top team.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I definitely would've been concerned after G Day if Beck hadn't done so well last year. His passes seemed to be significantly off and I really don't understand why. I was relieved to see that last drive, but I don't know what was going on before that.

In terms of the draft, it's tough to tell. I think it would've been a lot better to see a weaker QB class so that teams would be "hungrier" next year for QBs. BUT, a quality QB is always a good investment and certainly hope he gets picked in the Top 5.

• Options
    Tom_BomadilTom_Bomadil Posts: 69 ✭✭✭ Junior

Money. Money. Money. What's disheartening is that most fans are in agreement with money being the primary factor in a player going or staying. It might be inevitable, but it still leaves a foul odor in the air.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Personally I'm all for UGA players staying an extra year(Chubb and Sony) or (Wyatt and Davis) regardless of the reason(s). Especially when it means starting a proven talented starter versus going with a never before starter that hasn't proven himself to be better than the guy coming back.

• Options

@MontanaDawg First, Manning actually shocked me with how well he played in the TX spring game. He played at a very low competition level in HS so it was a monumental jump in competition from HS to TX. He played very well.

Raiola played almost as well as Manning played. He actually looked more polished in the pocket than Manning. I had seen him play in HS and he was very good. But he looked like a 3rd year CFB QB. Like I said he looked like CBeck looked mid season last year. Only with a better deep ball.

Before you say "yeah but that was against the NE D!" Raiola was putting the ball right on guys whether they were well covered or not. He also dropped a perfect long ball into a wr who had about a 5' space between wr and cb. Hit him in stride over the shoulder. The kid certainly looks polished and advanced for a freshman.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

G-Day is an exhibition game. Nothing to learn from it. Lots of passing I suspect because it's less physically dangerous than running a bunch of traps up the middle. The defense expected mostly passing. The goal is to just put on a show for the fans and survive without injuries.