Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia’s Mykel Williams shines in 2025 NFL Draft spotlight as potential No. 1 pick

SystemSystem Posts: 10,528 admin
edited April 30 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia’s Mykel Williams shines in 2025 NFL Draft spotlight as potential No. 1 pick

ATHENS — NFL types are projecting Georgia’s Mykel Williams to be the sort of train wrecker or havoc maker worthy of a first-round pick next season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think a couple more that could sneak into 1st round consideration is Arian and Lovett. If Arian stays healthy and catches the ball better, the sky is the limit for him. Lovett showed in g-day that he is finally meshing with beck and could sneak up there also.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 487 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

it’s a tough and long season. Let these young men continue to develop. Some will come out, a few might stay for another year. That’s a lot of pressure to be considered a top 10 pick. But looking forward to some havoc on the defensive side in 2024

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mykel at 1, Beck at 2. That beats Alabama's 2023 duo at the same positions: Young (1), Anderson (3)!

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not so sure about Arian. He'd have to be a lot more dependable at running routes and catching balls. I agree with you that Lovett has an outside chance. But I'd actually give Ratledge better odds at landing in the first round than either of those two WRs.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 30

Ratledge, Delp, Lovett, Young,Thomas, Brinson....the possibilities are staggering, should the Dawg's former underclassmen take the usual giant step forward, in their “Jr/Sr” years.

This year's team, may actually, outperform the “2021” and 2022 teams, on both sides of the line-of-scrimmage. They will, more than likely, dominate the scariest schedule, a UGA Bulldog may have EVER faced.

Kirby will ply his usual liberal substitution policy, with an eye on next year and the year after. This will generate a couple of "inexplicable" close scores, which Saban and CGD will pounce on...cause, it's UGA. Saban will know what “Kirby” is doing.

It'll be interesting to see whether Nick gives an honest take with a no-holds-barred insight, or he goes with the ole "UGA's slipping" narrative. What if....they [sports spin'sters] applied that same standard to Saban and Bama over the last decade or so?. Remind me...how many "undefeated regular seasons" did Saban & Company have? Lol

UGA and Kirby Smart are living on their own planet, now. Not sure where...but, I know it's not "Pluto". Lol...They just fly down for games and such. The NFL, has a hot-line to Kirby's Space Ship. The Space Ship?..."Transforms" into a helicopter for recruiting purposes. 😁😎

”Lol”

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That's true. But the one thing that separates Arian, is his world class speed. Would he beat Xavier worthy's 40, probably not, but could get close. Even could be the fastest of the WRs at the combine next year. Which will no doubt help. If he puts together a solid year and cleans up a bunch, he could turn himself into a high second, late 1st round. Like I said though, he could sneak into "consideration".