Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Stetson Bennett commands strong interest, even amid vague Los Angeles Rams storyline

SystemSystem Posts: 10,536 admin
edited May 1 in Article commenting
imageStetson Bennett commands strong interest, even amid vague Los Angeles Rams storyline

Stetson Bennett continues to make headlines, even when he’s not making headlines with the Los Angeles Rams.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 403 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I would sure like to see him play again.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 1

He will. It may, or may not be, for the Rams. But, that kid has IT. He'll adapt and overcome...just like he did in College. Now, that his batteries are recharged…look out!

As long as he hasn't lost his love & feel for the game...and,that should be apparent in preseason. It's gonna be a matter of getting his "timing" and his "edge", back. That's Bennett's bread & butter...IMO.

Personally...I wouldn't mind seeing Atlanta and Cousins take him on, to develop. Although, LA and Stafford was an equally prime landing spot…I don't know if Bennett has "shot his ****" with the Rams, so-to-speak.

The Rams, could be willing to trade Bennett for Penix. Penix is more of a West Coast, Matt Stafford Pocket passer, while Bennett Is more Raheem Morris's flavor...Georgian and successful at every level of competitive football. Lol...it's a fit designed by the celestial Gods.

Go Dawgs!…Past…Present...and, Future DGD's. Keep the fire burning!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OK, so there were 82 replies to the post of a photo of Stafford and Garropolo. How many of those replies were about Bennett? And how far did they go? I'm just looking for some support or evidence for the "strong interest" in Bennett part of this headline. I mean, it seems only natural that there would be some questions about him since the photo only showed two quarterbacks. But that would seem to be simply natural curiosity as opposed to "strong interest." I wish Stetson well but in all honesty, I think the Rams — and their fans — have moved on from him in terms of him ever being an integral part of their team.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not much info than what’s already been posted. Have the rams or Bennett made an official statement? Have other teams shown interest?
    Sounds like a filler story.

• Options
    Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 143 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited May 1

Stetson will bloom where he’s planted. It’s acceptable if his absence is due to an injury or some other personal issue. If the Rams put him on the shelf for their own selfish reasons then let him go already so he can make his own way.

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 159 ✭✭✭ Junior

Two other comments by Coach McVay were not included: #1 He had a good look in his eyes and #2 He was alert and paying attention in meetings. These comments were in a previous Dawg Nation post, and are not compliments, but apparently describe previous behavior.

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 148 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited May 2

Story fails to mention the Falcons' connection: new OC Zac Robinson was QB coach and passing game coordinator for the Rams when SBIV was drafted. Have to believe he saw something in SBIV, right?

His preseason numbers for last year: first game, Bennett was 29/50 for 191 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT. Second game was 24/38 for 142 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT. Third game was a train wreck and he was pulled (9/20, 14 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT).

https://www.foxsports.com/articles/nfl/qb-stetson-bennett-is-back-with-the-rams-for-offseason-workouts-after-missing-his-first-nfl-season

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All the young man has ever done is makes plays on the biggest of stages! Go Stetson!

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Pentagon needs to hire Stetson's handlers. Never seen such a high-viz story kept completely under wraps like this. Literally no new information in over a year. We still don't know what happened or what is happening now.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Stetson has a problem with intoxicants as do millions of other people. He appeared drunk for a nationsal morning news interview after winning the National Championship. He gets lost after evenings of drinking in Dallas and LA. I hope he's getting the help he needs for a sober life. If can stay sober, maybe he'll star on the gridiron soon. I hope he will.