Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN report: Georgia football No. 3 in future offense rankings

SystemSystem Posts: 10,680 admin
edited May 14 in Article commenting
imageESPN report: Georgia football No. 3 in future offense rankings

ATHENS — The future is now for Georgia football with the Bulldogs headed toward a preseason No. 1-ranking with a Heisman Trophy favorite at quarterback.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA64UGA64 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

BS as usually with a biases! We play the game on the field. I like our chances against anyone. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 764 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited May 14

Meaningless stats, predictions, rankings

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 399 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, I guess that settles it. ESPN surely knows everything.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You have a kid like bond, who is a known commodity and star at his school and yet he jumps ship.

College free agency is way worse than the pros. We all know it, but it really is no longer an amateur sport, and I hate that.

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior

Lap up the disrespect Dawgs!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ohio State plays in a defense optional league and Texas is going to have a rude awakening when they have to play Sec defenses week in and out week out. I wouldn’t trade the Dawg offense for either!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not sure about the Buckeyes being the #1 offense. Will Howard is a question mark as far as I am concerned right now. I expect him to be adequate, but I don't think at this point he is an elite QB. The OL for the Buckeyes is suspect as well. They should be good and solid but not as good as the Dawgs. The Buckeyes do have the best RB duo in the country and fantastic receivers. We'll see.

Ohio State will have a dominant defense and that should be the best part of their team.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA is positioned well to compete for a title this year. A lot of production returning on offense and a stout defense (assuming some level of development).

But make no mistake, UGA is not a lock to win the SEC let alone national championship. An injury free season with a lot of pieces falling into place will be needed.

There are probably 4 or 5 teams that can beat UGA (w/its young defense) on any given saturday. 3 or 4 in the SEC alone.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 15

Dayum, such disrespect in the face of such obvious fact….guess we'll have to just go out and earn our #1 rank every game…..couldn't have produced better BB material!

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't think it's unfair to put Georgia after "The" OSU onoffense.

Ohio State has the best running backs and receivers in the nation, and the deepest QB room I've seen in a while (although none that come close to Beck). Their OL is a bit suspect, however.

I'm skeptical about us being behind Texas. Our OLs are comparable. Their WRs may have more star power, but we have way more depth and potential breakout stars. But our RBs and TEs are clearly superior to the Longhorns', and most folks expect Beck to be a smidgen better than Ewers next year. We also performed significantly better than Texas last year (based on both total yardage, points and YPP) .

Part of this is the "offensive genius" reputations of Day and Sarkasian. That's overblown, IMO. But it does help them in recruiting five star QBs and WRs, and in attracting the highest ranked transfers.

Whether we ought to be third, second or first, this is PROGRESS! Remember when a lot of people, including Georgia fans, considered Georgia's offensive not explosive enough? Those days gone.