Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

How Georgia football-Clemson Week 1 game is impacted by noon start time

SystemSystem Posts: 10,586 admin
edited May 15 in Article commenting
imageHow Georgia football-Clemson Week 1 game is impacted by noon start time

We now have a game time for Georgia’s opening game of the 2024 season, as the Georgia Bulldogs and Clemson Tigers will kick off at 12 p.m. ET on ABC.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DMVDawgDMVDawg Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

Since I will be watching from home love the 12PM Start. Game will be over in time to do other stuff that afternoon..

• Options
    CharlestonDawgFanCharlestonDawgFan Posts: 93 ✭✭✭ Junior

Regardless of time, Kirby will have them hungry and ready. I look forward to Notre Dame once again being beat by an SEC team.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 758 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited May 15

"There’s still a lot we don’t know about ESPN’s new television deal with ESPN."

"While Georgia and Clemson are undoubtedly better programs than both schools at the moment, the big difference is that ACC-SEC game will be played on campus."

What?

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia vs clemson is a far more intriguing matchup than the other 2 games on the espn networks that day. Both teams will be ranked in the top 15 or so. The other 2 games probably feature one ranked team vs a non ranked team, if that. Miami vs fla at 3:30? Really? Maybe back in the 1990s but not justifiable now. ND vs A&M at night? 😐 Nobody outside the state of Texas cares about A&M and if people aren’t a ND grad, they don’t like them.
    I d I o t s are running espn.
    Go Dawgs! Here kitty kitty kitty!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 15

I agree. CR's article made me rethink the "logic" of UGA/Cle at noon. Of the 3 games it is possible that the UGA/Cle game may be the lone blowout. Personally I think the game will be close for a half or so but if UGA's O is clicking and the D progresses this summer it could get **** early for Clemson.

Second, the Mia/FU game will be outside in Florida on August 31st . IDK, is it hotter at noon or 3:30 in Florida? Does it even make a difference? The UGA/Cle game will be in the MB dome. Presumably with roof closed.

And the bottom line? Money. It is always about the money. ESPN/ABC presumes that ND will draw more viewers ($$$). It will be interesting to view the numbers and compare them for the 2 games. Especially the 2nd half numbers should UGA blow out Cle and aTm blow out ND (as expected).

ND's fan following/draw is overestimated in '24. UGA's is on the rise nationally.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 396 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What David 1 said! Especially about Florida/Miami! Really? Florida will not win 7 games. Miami is coached by perhaps the worst in-game decision maker in history. This is a joke.