Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia linebacker tabbed as national breakout player by ESPN

SystemSystem Posts: 10,713 admin
edited May 16 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia linebacker tabbed as national breakout player by ESPN

If you’re good enough to play inside linebacker at Georgia, odds are you’re one of the top players in the country at the position. That’s the standard that has been set by the likes of Nakobe Dean, Quay Walker and Roquan Smith.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    WoodrowWoodrow Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sorry, I think Raylen ha a ways to go. CJ will be our next great LB, kid is on another level but I would love to see both of them take another step in thier roles on the defense.

Jalon is just a beast in pass rush, put him in the right situation and he just oozes talent.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Playing in the SEC for uga is super tough - it's closer to the NFL. They have a ways to go to push past 'knowing what to do' and getting to the 'anticipation side' of the game.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 861 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When I first read the headline, I thought, "Which one?" That room is loaded with talent, high floor, high ceiling. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Same here (and I'm guessing that headline tease was intentional ;-).

Nothing at all against Raylen, but why does he get more love than CJ (outside the UGA dog pound)? Do the pundits see something extra-special in Wilson that they don't see in Allen that goes beyond the 2023 performance? Or have they somehow gotten confused between last year's two stellar freshmen LBs?

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Was thinking the same thing. Ray Wilson has a very high ceiling. But this year? I expect the biggest impact at ILB to be made by1) JWalker 2) Mondon 3) CAllen before I expect RWilson to stand out.

IF JWalker has NFL draft aspirations in '25 he needs to be a full time CFB player now (mostly at ILB). CAllen seems to have picked up the D faster than RWilson. He also seems more active with a better nose for the ball.

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I never understood how he made the SEC freshman team over CJ. He was slightly higher rated out of high school, but CJ was more impactful on the field. They should have listed them at 1A & 1B. Both off the charts with talent. At inside linebacker, football IQ will determine who has the best career.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 994 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Every ILB has the ability to be a train wrecking game disrupter….as we all know the opinions of pundits, especially the ESPN variety, hold no sway but it's all about practice and who demonstrates that TWGD behavior…that's who will get the snaps and IMHO CJ is the man/Dawg!