Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Top Georgia football games: Second-guessing ESPN, plugging in Kentucky

SystemSystem Posts: 10,680 admin
edited May 16 in Article commenting
imageTop Georgia football games: Second-guessing ESPN, plugging in Kentucky

ATHENS — Georgia football has become must-see TV under the direction of Kirby Smart, the nation’s preeminent coach.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 764 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What a story! 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia vs Kentucky the number one unpredictable game on Georgia’s schedule? 🤨 This sounds like he thinks that Kentucky has the best chance to beat Georgia. 🤣

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd be much more worried about UT than UK. The 2 best UK players were once UGA Bulldogs, and I hope they do well. But I don't think Brock and JDJ will have enough help to pull off an upset. May make it close for a half, maybe.. Still don't see it being closer than a 14 point game, if not more. DAWGS 49 Cats 17. UT has much more talent, and will be a much better game, but DAWGS will prevail 38-21. Bama will struggle under a new coach I believe, they'll still win 9-10 games, but won't be as feared as they were with Saban calling the shots. DAWGS 34- elephants 17. If the experts can make useless pre-season predictions, I thought I'd throw in my useless opinion also 🤣😂🤣

• Options
    WoodrowWoodrow Posts: 98 ✭✭✭ Junior

give me 4 out of 5 and I am tickled pink! Give me 5 out of 5 and the SECCG and ESPN can finally admit that we are the team to beat.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA @ KY is not unpredictable. We know what is going to happen. It will be a slugfest and UGA's superior athletes and offense will prevail. Like always.

The UT @ UGA game is more unpredictable. How good is Iamaleava? How improved is the UT D that has hit the portal hard and returns James Pearce THE #1 rated CFB player (On3) and mocked #1 overall in the '25 NFL draft (PFF)?

UGA @ AL will be the most difficult game for UGA to win. AL has as much talent at TX does. BUT the AL QB is not only more dangerous he is a better player. Milroe can dominate in this game considering the overall talent on the AL O.

I also want to remind all the UGA fans who rushed to JDJ's defense ("that's leadership") when he went off on Lassiter on the sideline 2 years ago that that was a bad look and NOT the UGA leadership model. 1) he was set straight by UGA coaches and NEVER did that again. 2) 2 years later he is finishing his CFB career on another team. Had he been a model leader/UGA football player he would still be in Athens.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 17

The 'Cats always play the Dawgs tough in Lexington. Before 2020. It's a new day. Lil

IMO...the biggest question mark in the UGA vs UK game...or, "unpredictability", if you will...is, how valuable was the information and communication intel BVG & JDJ provided Mark Stoops. And, did they, personally, raise the game of their teammates around em, like they were taught to do, as Leaders under Smart?

Afterall...they [BVG & JDJ] were both experienced QB's of their respective units...offense and defense. They know all the details of both….UGA's Offense & Defense...and, know how to beat certain looks. Dumas-Johnson knows/knew what UGA's offense can do...and the same can be said for Vandergriff vs UGA's Defense.

That being said...Smart, has indicated that UGA's offense will look somewhat different, this year. Lol...I think Bobo's about to break open a can of old fashioned "whup ass", myself. So...it may make what BVG & JDJ knows or doesn't know, a moot point.

As far as Vandergriff goes.…it doesn't matter if he knows what the defense is doing against him. He doesn't have the weapons or talent to take advantage of it, anyway.

UGA should walk away from this one with an easy 2nd half beat down. I just hope, they also walk away healthy. Kentucky and Tennessee are always Physical Football Games...especially in Lexington and Knoxville. Lil

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Spot on analysis BigDawg, I will add that BVG and Pop left knowing they were not the best and would not be starting. I'm sure they are constantly warning there new teammates of the impending storm but Wildcat/Lexington hubris will win out and the Dawgs will preform a "Cat Skinin" shutting down VG and over running Pop! Again my biggest concern will be player safety…..we can't afford injuries two weeks before the BIG Tuscaloosa Showdown…..Strategy: Jump on the wildcats quick and consistently so that we can sub in the bench!